• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

I paid a measly $95, couldn't believe it.

$95 + 11 shipping = 106

(shrug)

Great pickup for a great price!

:applause:

lol I live in the Uk, so it was $30 shipping, still very happy though.

So you paid $125 in total. What do I win? :banana:

My admiration. :grin:

I'll take whatever I can get. :insane:

Made an unexpected local deal yesterday. This guy was selling some silver/bronze Archie comics, and happened to also have an almost-full run of Planet of the Apes magazine #2 through #22. I figured what the heck and bought them for a well-below-guide price. I haven't seen most of these before -- they're off my usual collecting radar -- but the covers are really dynamic and cool.

159332.jpg.a6aec5c1e9130f0368a827b00e5887d0.jpg

159333.jpg.fe92807483597a938abdcc951ab7b2ac.jpg

159334.jpg.b5e75dc1c3bfbc4aed7b9613a8074043.jpg

159335.jpg.2825b157aafeb1c411dd43c1dc7132d4.jpg

Whoa! Nice, what sort of grade?

I'm thinking most are in the VG to FN+ range. Most have solid spines, tight at the staples, etc. Some of them have nice glossy covers, but some have noticeable wear.

The seller had them stacked raw in a plastic bag that was inside a box, and his story indicated they had been stored that way in a garage for at least a couple decades. The first thing I did after getting them was put them in sleeves/backings.

Made an unexpected local deal yesterday. This guy was selling some silver/bronze Archie comics, and happened to also have an almost-full run of Planet of the Apes magazine #2 through #22. I figured what the heck and bought them for a well-below-guide price. I haven't seen most of these before -- they're off my usual collecting radar -- but the covers are really dynamic and cool.

Those mags are chok full of great Alcala and Ploog goodness! Here is a link to my (very old) review of the series. Spoilers to those who haven't read this great series.

Link

Just awesome :applause:

lol Me and my books are dry Jimmers, although it is trying hard to flood again.

Glad to hear. The water level did get quite high.