• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

598fe097a5c54_Moonraker79.thumb.jpg.f965b44d935c4e348d76037769d04a0a.jpg598fe0a06f3f9_StrangeUnknown1.thumb.jpg.702e7648aef758eda096a1a736c4ba46.jpg

Nice!

I remember seeing that Moonraker mag on the stands everywhere when that movie came out. I even picked it up flipped through it then put it back since it wasn't a horror mag. Sorry, but my $2 probably went to a Creepy, Eerie, Vamp or Skywald. The cover was tempting, still a great cover after all these years! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Nice!

I remember seeing that Moonraker mag on the stands everywhere when that movie came out. I even picked it up flipped through it then put it back since it wasn't a horror mag. Sorry, but my $2 probably went to a Creepy, Eerie, Vamp or Skywald. The cover was tempting, still a great cover after all these years! (thumbsu

The strange unknown has I cool cover

On 8/12/2017 at 1:24 AM, N e r V said:

Maybe not a magazine in the truest sense but since there isn't a catalogue or fanzine forum I'm posting this here. Love the Marvelmania stuff.:cloud9:

IMG_0278.thumb.JPG.3b1550623a13ffa75f545197e37f11f9.JPGIMG_0279.thumb.JPG.15347c7e546f70ac3afc8093d1130b0c.JPGIMG_0280.thumb.JPG.040e323832e9a1da1a5fc3529b46875d.JPG

The Doom print with the catalogue is scarce.

Have you saved all this marvelmania stuff originally from the mail Nerv?

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

Have you saved all this marvelmania stuff originally from the mail Nerv?

Nope. To young to have bought any of it new. Just collect it. Always good to get stuff with the original mailer.

Edited by N e r V

So much great stuff in this thread. Now for some less-great stuff...

I've been going through a few of my magazines, which were tucked away in storage. Snapped a few photos for fun.

Photo 1:  A couple of groovy 1960s mags/comics. The Mod Love is a favorite, and as far as I know it's the only issue.

Photo 2: CARtoons. These were bought off the magazine rack when I was a kid. I never really tried to "collect" them per se, I just really enjoyed them because I liked drawing cars.

Photo 3: Women-in-crime magazines. I have a small collection of these. These are three of my favorites. I love these painted covers.

Photo 4: Love and Rockets #1 (2nd printing...I'll probably never get a 1st printing). Also, 1st printing (I think) of the #1 issue of EC-fanzine Squa Tront.

beatles-modlove.jpg

cartoons-mags.jpg

crime-women-mags.jpg

loverockets-squatront.jpg

A couple more:

(1) Lurid men's magazines. Two favorites. I've considered trying to collect these more aggressively, but they go for premium prices, and some of them are so sadistic...

(2) Satan, a cheeky pinup magazine. Just the fact that they named their magazine Satan puts them into a weirder than average category. The #2 issue, with the Bettie Page cover, is the toughest to find.

(3) Pussycat. Some amazing Bill Ward art throughout this one. If you like the comic book Torchy, this is a must-have.

(4) Two copies of Shock Illustrated #3. Supposedly only 100 of these were ever released, bound by hand in the EC offices. The PLOD copy has slight color touch and is missing the Reed Crandall story for some reason.

mens-mags-lurid.jpg

satan-mags.jpg

pussycat.jpg

shock-illustrated-3.jpg