• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2017 at 9:50 PM, oakman29 said:

Love the Vampire Tales. I have #1, but when I finish my Creepy& Eerie runs it will be high on my list to finish.

it's alway fun to have another comic/mag run brewing in the hopper?‍♂️

Some more early Satana.  Definitely the two best Satana covers of the era.  I know RR gets all the attention for MP #7 these days, but this book  also has the best written and drawn Satana story of the BA in my opinion.  Finally able to pick up a cheap  reader copy.

IMG_1958.JPG

Edited by Brian48
Type-O

12 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Couldn't pass this up in the wild today

image.jpeg

I've never heard of this title before.  Is it supposed to be a humor/satire mag like Cracked/Mad or a horror mag like the Warren stuff?

Thanks for covering me, chevalmeow! 

I hadn't seen it either so I grabbed it. Insides are black and white comics (horror, not humor) with art by Ditko, John Severin, Pat Boyette, Gray Morrow. There's also a couple text features including an analysis of Romero's Night of the Living Dead trilogy. Editor in chief was Mort Todd. Guide says Toth Art in #5, too.

OSPG is way under what the handful of them on eBay seem to go for, though none of it is big money. I doubt they are common as 1989 books go.

I can try to post some inside shots later/tonight. Cool book; inside covers are a poster of the infinity scene on front cover.

2 hours ago, Amazing Spidey said:

And another recent pick up:

FE75DDD8-64C0-4C8A-963C-94C0D7E589B6.jpeg

Beautiful. The Creepy and Eerie series have been undervalued for decades. Still doesn't get the amount of attention it deserves even today. 

4 hours ago, Amazing Spidey said:

I agree. Hopefully this will change but not before I finish my high grade runs of both titles as well as Vampi.  Almost there though...

From your mouth to God's ears on that.

Beautiful books too!