• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2019 at 6:05 PM, N e r V said:

I usually don’t buy many mags at the SDCC but I grabbed these two from Bedrock. Zombie #1 I have but hey, can anyone have too much living dead???

E030692C-ED0F-44D6-A6E0-599D0D5EF5E2.thumb.jpeg.8a82ff19c2b7da97059f3df24ae62005.jpeg

Is that Vampi special the soft cover?

7 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

The hardcovers seem to have dried up again. I paid dearly for mine, but as usual with these kind of things, glad I did. Seems at this point to be about the scarcest item, at least on the comic mag side. 

Didn’t buy any (on a GA quest this year mostly) but saw 3 HC’s here at SDCC. Probably between 7.0 to maybe a 8.0.

Edited by N e r V

13 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Wow, that’s actually quite impressive that there are 3 higher grade hc’s. Do you recall pricing?  Sorry about the Weird Mysteries. 

Yeah, I guess. I know it’s scarce but like the Heidi book my experience is they show up enough times. To answer your question as best I can I did not spend a lot of time looking. The best copy I think was $650.00 hanging behind the booth. Two others were from same guy with the usual issues with binding and loose pages. Strangely most the comics are in the 1000’s rows at the convention center but I saw these at the opposite end. A collector friend pointed out to me to be very careful when I buy one of these from someone. He’s heard of people getting copies missing pages due to the binding problems so spend the time checking copies and make sure you can return it if there’s a problem. I know you could say that about any raw book but maybe it’s more of a concern here? Either way I’ll wait a bit. Happy for now to get a softcover in my collection first.

2 minutes ago, N e r V said:

The Weird Mysteries by the way sold for $80.00!!!!

If you know anything about this book you’ll know how tragic seeing a copy in that shape at that price is..,:S

Oh well, you win some, you lose some...

:sorry: