• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

I wonder if @N e r V  won it.  He has more confidence in authenticating those things.

Nope. I had zero confidence in that kind of listing on Clink. 

I’m to tied up right now with other books anyway. The planets need to align for me on books like that.

I’m pretty happy with what’s come my way lately anyway.

9 hours ago, Amazing Spidey said:

Did a boardie pick up the Eerie one from the recent Clink auction?  Pretty impressive hammer price. 

7 hours ago, oakman29 said:

What did it close at?

1 hour ago, Amazing Spidey said:

It closed at $900. :whatthe:

So either it was a great deal on an original or your stuck with a very expensive reprint that you bought at your own risk. At the minimum I’d have asked for information on its exact size, how the paper cut looked, what the paper/inks looked like and scans of each and every page. Then I’d get to work on its origins. Clink seemed uninterested to the point of saying maybe it is or maybe it isn’t. Take your chances.

I try not to play lottos for that very reason...

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

So either it was a great deal on an original or your stuck with a very expensive reprint that you bought at your own risk. At the minimum I’d have asked for information on its exact size, how the paper cut looked, what the paper/inks looked like and scans of each and every page. Then I’d get to work on its origins. Clink seemed uninterested to the point of saying maybe it is or maybe it isn’t. Take your chances.

I try not to play lottos for that very reason...

Take your chances? Is that what they said? 

There is certainly a distinction between how the black is printed on original and 2nd print(1st counterfeit) copies. I personally think that the 2nd prints were printed in house at Warren by an employee who probably got ahold of the original printing plates.

I have nothing to prove that, but seems awfully funny that Jim Warren had an idea who it was.

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Take your chances? Is that what they said? 

There is certainly a distinction between how the black is printed on original and 2nd print(1st counterfeit) copies. I personally think that the 2nd prints were printed in house at Warren by an employee who probably got ahold of the original printing plates.

I have nothing to prove that, but seems awfully funny that Jim Warren had an idea who it was.

This was the listing wording:

Publisher: Warren Publishing 
Page Quality: White Pages 
End Date: 2/28/2020 10:18:00 PM

ComicLink Comments:
Offered here is a sharp example of Warren's Eerie #1 "Ashcan" printing. More of a pamphlet then a comic magazine, Warren Publishing produced this 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" book quickly to earn the rights to the name for its new magazine, Eerie . Because of its cheap printing format, at least 2 unauthorized editions are known to exist. Authenticating this comic has uncertainties and we cannot say with 100% certainty if this is the actual 1st Printing. ComicLink has assigned a grade of Near Mint 9.2, and it has White Pages.

If they are saying they don’t know, yes, they are clearly asking you to take your chances. 

3 minutes ago, N e r V said:

This was the listing wording:

Publisher: Warren Publishing 
Page Quality: White Pages 
End Date: 2/28/2020 10:18:00 PM

ComicLink Comments:
Offered here is a sharp example of Warren's Eerie #1 "Ashcan" printing. More of a pamphlet then a comic magazine, Warren Publishing produced this 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" book quickly to earn the rights to the name for its new magazine, Eerie . Because of its cheap printing format, at least 2 unauthorized editions are known to exist. Authenticating this comic has uncertainties and we cannot say with 100% certainty if this is the actual 1st Printing. ComicLink has assigned a grade of Near Mint 9.2, and it has White Pages.

If they are saying they don’t know, yes, they are clearly asking you to take your chances. 

RADB4399202024_11307.jpg.abbfe0c594f562fd90ad70c9da5ab0b8.jpg

Well the edges are sharp, and there is no blue line on the staples.

20 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

RADB4399202024_11307.jpg.abbfe0c594f562fd90ad70c9da5ab0b8.jpg

Well the edges are sharp, and there is no blue line on the staples.

Hopefully the buyer asked some questions and requested some scans first.

On 3/1/2020 at 4:36 AM, manetteska said:

Modern mag submission came back. A little low I think on the Britain but the newsprint paper is hard to grade. 

TMNT is 2nd print. 

Economy sub of more mags probably a few weeks out still. 

F439D9A1-425C-4F57-9B11-8BC84E2A1AD6.jpeg

Nice copy. Does it have the mask?