• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bounty_coder said:

While I don't have this in hand yet (I will also share once it arrives) I was able to climb to the top of the pile for arguably one of my most favorite comic magazines in existence.

I have been searching for a true NM range copy of this book for well over 10 years.  It is one of the toughest MAD books to get in grade.

Kelly Freas absolutely produced one of the greatest MAD covers with this Headless Horseman classic in my opinion.  The fact that it is also a Halloween issue just frosts my cake.

Pacific Coast Pedigree; I have accomplished one of my main focused collecting goals; getting arguably one of the nicest presenting copies in existence of my favorite covers in the medium.  

I think some divine intervention stepped it to allow me to snag this copy.  As I saw some of the Pacific Coast copies around this (for some bizarre reason) go for 4-6x this one. (shrug)

image.png.44e5162283b124809f8591acbfb9efa0.png

- bounty

That’s a classic Mad issue, for sure!  Nice pickup, Aaron!!

58 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

That’s a classic Mad issue, for sure!  Nice pickup, Aaron!!

Thanks Douglas; I can't wait to get it in hand.  At the moment I'm simply elated over the blood red moon. 

This copy seems to have the most intense color strike that I have seen so far.  Though pictures can lie but comparatively speaking...

927494668_ScreenShot2020-03-28at2_58_00PM.thumb.png.f5982e6cebcd6aa5581049bc0b402edd.png

3 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

While I don't have this in hand yet (I will also share once it arrives) I was able to climb to the top of the pile for arguably one of my most favorite comic magazines in existence.

I have been searching for a true NM range copy of this book for well over 10 years.  It is one of the toughest MAD books to get in grade.

Kelly Freas absolutely produced one of the greatest MAD covers with this Headless Horseman classic in my opinion.  The fact that it is also a Halloween issue just frosts my cake.

Pacific Coast Pedigree; I have accomplished one of my main focused collecting goals; getting arguably one of the nicest presenting copies in existence of my favorite covers in the medium.  

I think some divine intervention stepped it to allow me to snag this copy.  As I saw some of the Pacific Coast copies around this (for some bizarre reason) go for 4-6x this one. (shrug)

- bounty

Wow!

54 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Nice chunk of mags, cm!!  I’m cross posting this from the pulp thread in golden age sub.  It’s really more of a thin magazine.  Likey!

0C48D2C4-EB07-4A4B-8649-5EAC4CC11C60.jpeg

Very cool!  As a piper and someone of English/Irish/Scottish Heritage, I approve of this cover.  The bagpipes are drawn accurately too.  On the other hand, the pipers I know have a little more chest hair.

8 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

Got this one to read the article on Eerie.  The issue is 20 years old!

1124635331_Glick4.thumb.jpg.f8e95a38ae98a3bcfdeb4adacc16e26b.jpg

My latest issue of Fantastic Monsters in really nice condition.  Myabe VF-

838473881_FantasticMonstersOfTheFilms1.thumb.jpg.f94985293a156b848ec06ba8e0739751.jpg

And some nice Vampire Tales to add to my hoard.

123050419_VampireTales4.thumb.jpg.65bb8b7568f683650795fa4456bdc7f4.jpg1604830745_VampireTales5.thumb.jpg.3c5286eadae97b60f4b7939cc18199d8.jpg371658710_VampireTales6(2).thumb.jpg.2866cebd25d26ef10be0ae024c5f84f1.jpg1590373650_VampireTales7.thumb.jpg.0c1e3bf4bd311233b606b8f131b9ce06.jpg

I am not a huge Boris fan, but I think vampire tales 4 is incredible 

On 3/28/2020 at 3:25 PM, bounty_coder said:

- bounty

I missed the bidding but congrats on such a great buy. Definitely one of my favorites. When the original artwork sold on ha not long ago I had foolhardy dreams ... Here’s another of my favorite Mad covers. You know how Alfred E. feels about the Coronavirus. 

2FDE6EF4-98AE-4E1C-B47D-0A94C55A1D92.jpeg

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

I missed the bidding but congrats on such a great buy. Definitely one of my favorites. When the original artwork sold on ha not long ago I had foolhardy dreams ... Here’s another of my favorite Mad covers. You know how Alfred E. feels about the Coronavirus. 

I know what you mean.  I was preparing myself to place the largest bid I've ever placed in an auction; in my life for that Cover. And I did.  Yet; I still came up way under the final hammer strike. 

OA Covers unfortunately are in a different league than I can comfortably play in :sorry:

Edited by bounty_coder

25 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

I know what you mean.  I was preparing myself to place the largest bid I've ever placed in an auction; in my life for that Cover. And I did.  Yet; I still came up way under the final hammer strike. 

OA Covers unfortunately are in a different league than I can comfortably play in :sorry:

They used to be just out of my reach.  Now they’re way out of my reach.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, bounty_coder said:

Thanks Douglas; I can't wait to get it in hand.  At the moment I'm simply elated over the blood red moon. 

This copy seems to have the most intense color strike that I have seen so far.  Though pictures can lie but comparatively speaking...

The Pacific Coast copies are super nice, even when compared to other pedigrees...  :golfclap: