• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

I had my run of all 29 issues of 1984/94 bound into 3 hardcover volumes. One of the most 'effed' up magazines out there for all kinds of reasons, with some of the best art, and more than likely never to be collected due to the inanity and offensiveness of the writing and content, in general. I love it for being so wrong.

The first 8 issues are well worth picking up for the Corben. In fact issue 4 has two 8 page color Corben sections in it, and was supposedly taken out of circulation very early on in the run due to a possible infringement lawsuit from Harlan Ellison over one of the stories bearing too much resemblance to A Boy And His Dog.

tcp7c.jpg

Picked up this baby for a buck the other day at a swap meet. Loved the show, I've never read any of these mags though. I'm excited to check it out!

I have the complete run. As a TP and David Lynch enthusiast, I consider Wrapped In Plastic essential and one of the most thorough fanzines I've ever come across, dedicated to pretty much one subject. I was hoping for a return now that TP is back in production, but I understand one of the publisher/editor/creators of WIP has died. Don't know if it can therefore be resurrected!

This thread is continuously my favorite on the boards.

I just love seeing all the fantastic painted magazine covers out there.

Such an under appreciated segment of the comic book world.

People don't know what they are missing out on (and I hope it keeps that way for those who do collect these treasures).