• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

Thanks Oakman29.

I got the Monster Worlds off ebay as a set .  Made a best offer for them.  All are VF or so.  #1 has a small chip out at the bottom right corner of the front cover though.

The Blazing Combats are also about VF and courtesy of Ted at Superworld.  Another nice pickup for best offer during their "winter sale".

On 2/26/2017 at 8:01 AM, chevalmeow said:

Thanks Oakman29.

I got the Monster Worlds off ebay as a set .  Made a best offer for them.  All are VF or so.  #1 has a small chip out at the bottom right corner of the front cover though.

The Blazing Combats are also about VF and courtesy of Ted at Superworld.  Another nice pickup for best offer during their "winter sale".

Ted's a good dude, can't go wrong.

Found two copies of this gem this past week. Dated Summer 1942

printmag05_zps8bgzqqh1.jpg

Contents include the following:

Printmag01_zpsbfjctymm.jpg

printmag02_zpswlrkft9v.jpg

printmag03_zpspcidk6js.jpg

printmag04_zpsomthgcyi.jpg

Neither copy was the one sold at Ebay last week, but I did choose to use the sellers pix of the interior aspects so as not to gamble with doing any damage to my copies. Quite a nice piece of comic book history!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1942-PRINT-MAGAZINE-with-TWO-RARE-EC-GIVEAWAY-COMIC-BOOKS-M-C-GAINES-ARTICLE-/132092968945?hash=item1ec15abff1:g:eeEAAOSwB-1YnrzI

Some really nice copies.  Better looking in hand as my scanner doesn't do them justice!

Completion of my Blazing Combats.

29j6GZB.jpg

Completion of my Comix International.  It has been hard to find a really nice copy for a decent price.

1tKWssT.jpg

Purchased these 3 as a set in order to get #40 and got the other 2 in super shape too.

W7M1VnJ.jpg

sH3Xlf9.jpg

PKNgK8N.jpg

Picked these up at a LCS last year I think.  $10 a pop.  Seller didn't care.  #1 is not high grade, but it actually looks much better than the pic.  Lots of weird lines reflecting off the mylar.

IMG_1642.JPG