• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

Thank you all - hope I can find #7 in CGC 9.8 one day, or maybe I should give Rosland an offer - although he probably isn't selling, sigh (we have written together a few times and touched upon this delicate subject :smile: ). Rosland has the single highest graded #7:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=107632

452733_Full_Obv.jpg

The hunt just never ends... 

Edited by Rune

So I have a short list of hard to find magazines I plan on acquiring in the future.

These include Shock Illustrated #3, Eerie #1 (ash-can) 1st and/or 2nd print, and the Heidi Saha magazine. So thanks to doohickamabob's EBay auction tonight I can kiss this one off my list.

82226231b16d7985ce3b4059e1f897bcb200eef1

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you collect Warren magazines this is kind of a grail and despite the background of Heidi Saha and how you might view it today I think she was an important early pioneer of what we now take for granted as "cosplay" at conventions. 

Either way I've never owned a copy and am very happy to finally add it to my collection this evening.

11 minutes ago, N e r V said:

So I have a short list of hard to find magazines I plan on acquiring in the future.

These include Shock Illustrated #3, Eerie #1 (ash-can) 1st and/or 2nd print, and the Heidi Saha magazine. So thanks to doohickamabob's EBay auction tonight I can kiss this one off my list.

82226231b16d7985ce3b4059e1f897bcb200eef1

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you collect Warren magazines this is kind of a grail and despite the background of Heidi Saha and how you might view it today I think she was an important early pioneer of what we now take for granted as "cosplay" at conventions. 

Either way I've never owned a copy and am very happy to finally add it to my collection this evening.

That's an awesome pick up. I wanted it myself, but am currently paying off some rightious mags to someone else. I feel it's not appropriate to buy until prior commitments are done.

19 hours ago, N e r V said:

(thumbsu

1 hour ago, chevalmeow said:

More magazine goodness for me.

First off, courtesy of boardie, Ron C.:

tbLOorF.jpg?2

P. Craig Russell Cover:

hhUO4px.jpg?1

Two issues of Criminal that I finally got around to getting:

ublxhjd.jpg?1

B9CDlt8.jpg?1

Suweeeeet!  :headbang:

On 20/3/2017 at 4:13 PM, Brian48 said:

Breath taking ST collection.  Was the 9.8 #1 the last one that was over at CL?  I think I was one of the bidders on that one if I recall.

Thank you and no - my ST #1 9.8 isn't from CL, but some of the other 9.8 mags are. 

My latest precious items.

A VG copy of Creepy #146 BUT it is a Canadian copy ($3.50 cover) and they don't come up too often.

rjDS1XZ.jpg

Some very nice issues of Weird Vampire Tales.  Great run.  I need #1, #2 & #4 to complete my set.

GbgSP1S.jpg

ZYnYtrU.jpg

spQZNFj.jpg

zIWrovy.jpg

KtMntiN.jpg

EIojcnY.jpg

Ge1329j.jpg

Edited by chevalmeow
wrong issue #listed.

36 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

My latest precious items.

A VG copy of Creepy #146 BUT it is a Canadian copy ($3.50 cover) and they don't come up too often.

rjDS1XZ.jpg

Some very nice issues of Weird Vampire Tales.  Great run.  I need #1, #3 & #4 to complete my set.

GbgSP1S.jpg

ZYnYtrU.jpg

spQZNFj.jpg

zIWrovy.jpg

KtMntiN.jpg

EIojcnY.jpg

Ge1329j.jpg

Damn, those are beauties.