• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackout on htmlcomics.com

131 posts in this topic

Just Finished reading MIRACLEMAN. I must say if you haven't do it NOW! I just finished reading Gaiman's run and it's some of the best work in comics I've seen.

I will check it out (thumbs u

I have been reading stuff that hasn`t ever been reprinted like Master of Kung Fu and Rom, surprisingly they both hold up after all these years.

oh yeah lots of Luke Cage also, sweet Christmas!

They seem to be a little faster than right after the "crash" or whatever but still not up to the speed I was getting before. Also seems like there is stuff not available that was there before. Yeah I know, kind of like complaining about a free car wash.

I have noticed that most of what is there are just other peoples torrents, so if you don't think people that download are going to h3LL or you honestly just want to check something out before buying I'd say just torrent.

The site is in full operation, with increased speeds. There are plans to post 920 new series in the next couple weeks. We experienced a major hardware failure which resulted in the need for replacement parts which required special order and time to receive delivery of them. While waiting, we were forced to use backup servers which are far less responsive than our primary servers.

All, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

The staff at Oso Ifam, Inc.

Owners of the domain htmlComics.com

The site is in full operation, with increased speeds. There are plans to post 920 new series in the next couple weeks. We experienced a major hardware failure which resulted in the need for replacement parts which required special order and time to receive delivery of them. While waiting, we were forced to use backup servers which are far less responsive than our primary servers.

Sincerely,

WTTB

I get the impression that htmlComics was simply an exercise to test your publishing -script. Do you guys have much interest in comics themselves?

>>Yeah it sucks! Been reading early Spideys lately.<<

Me too. I started with John Romita's first issue and have been reading from there. If you don't mind doing downloads, I've found http://comicsworld.wordpress.com which has a ton of early books, including those early Amazing Spiderman issues. Until I see what's up with htmlcomics, I'm making do with those.....right now I got some Spiderman, Captain Marvel (the "shazam" version), and MARVEL SUPER SPECIALS.

Sincerely,

I've got a PM in to this guy to see if the site will be back up soon... or...

Well I think it's official. The site looks to be taken down, and hard. Who knows if what people are saying are true, but someone claimed that they spoke with the fella's wife and the FBI was involved... :makepoint:

I just called today (4/22) and spoke to the guy's wife. She said that he (the site owner) got in a LOT of trouble, the FBI got involved etc - and the site will not be back ever. It's completely down. *sigh* back to reading comics the old fashioned way.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100420164659AANxHjJ

Looks like "Bleeding Cool" put them on blast, this could have easily triggered it:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/showthread.php?15448-The-Library-That-Isn%5C-t-HTMLComics

- bounty

I'm sure this guys life is going to be ruined because of the site and his insane legal reasoning that it was just a library. He should have consulted an actual copyright attorney at some point and saved himself tons of trouble.

Hilariously enought it looks like he did try to seek out legal advice via a website http://boards.answers.findlaw.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fl-small_busine&tid=54640 but didn't agree with what people there were saying too.