• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD 131 CGC NM/MT 9.8

78 posts in this topic

You mean you haven't heard the rumors of Colin Farrell in his solo spinoff movie, The Second Coming of Bullseye? gossip.gif

OMG Darth don't make me haul out my old Colin Farrell Bullseye avatar. It'll kill the market for that book quicker than you can say "quick"! ooo.gif

LMAO!! 27_laughing.gif

$2,900 for an ultra-common book featuring the first appearance of a 3rd tier villian, along with marginable grading and white spine showing.

Only 73x times NM guide - WTF are these insufficiently_thoughtful_person bidders thinking????makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

LMAO!! 27_laughing.gif

$2,900 for an ultra-common book featuring the first appearance of a 3rd tier villian, along with marginable grading and white spine showing.

Only 73x times NM guide - WTF are these insufficiently_thoughtful_person bidders thinking????makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

LMAO!! 27_laughing.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

sleeping.gif

Davidking623

$2950??? 893whatthe.gif I'm joining JC and Gene, I predict a crash on this book. When people are willing to pay STUPID money for a relatively common book like this how can it not crash. When 5 or 6 or 20 more 9.8s show up in the next few years how can this book possibly hold anything even remotely close to this value? But boy do I wish I had come up with this book. What did Paradise likely pay for it, $50 maybe? Nice profit margin to say the least.

I normally don't get on people for spending their money any way they like, but this price is disturbingly high. It's like a train wreck. I can't stop looking at it.

For another few dollars you could buy the Western Penn Daredevil #1 from Metropolis. 893whatthe.gif

Think there'll be a spike in submissions on this book in the upcoming weeks and months?

we have to remember that greggy had a ASM 101 CGC NM/MT 9.8, and i recommended to him to sell it for $4500, so this really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. but will the book hold it's value of the price paid? i don't think so.

at what point does "much" become "too much" when it comes to one's grail?

at what multiple of guide of, say a modern, should one stop at when bidding on their grail - even if the collector has the attitude that "Price is no object"??

to me - this book has exceeded that multiple (and yes, i know it's bronze...)

we have to remember that greggy had a ASM 101 CGC NM/MT 9.8, and i recommended to him to sell it for $4500, so this really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. but will the book hold it's value of the price paid? i don't think so.

ASM 101 guides for $200, DD 131 guides for $40 and across the board DD 131 sells for multiples less than ASM 101, so there's really no comparison between the two in terms of absolute pricing. Look at it this way, $4500 is "only" 22.5x guide for the 101. $3000 is 75x guide for the 131. That's Seventy Five Times Guide for a later Bronze Age Marvel.

I definitely agree that this sale won't hold its value. This book is prone to extreme records giving way to "regular" sales at 1/2 or more discount. There will be a pile of submissions following this and there will be another 9.8 (or three.) Those will settle back down to relatively sane levels.

OK on a more serious note. What does everybody think about this high grade book?

Adventures of Mickey Mouse #1, CGC 9.0

White pages

First Disney book, 1931

Donald Duck prototype

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Toronto Comicon

Let's see...a 73 year old book with WHITE pages. 893whatthe.gif

That alone knocks me off my chair.