• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 , corner crease w/color break,transparency inside page transfer,&ow?

25 posts in this topic

I've gotten a 9.6 from a MTU 4 with WP with 2 corner creases! I couldn't believe the grade when I got it even though the rest of the book was basically perfect. It was in my first submission and clobbertime got it cheap from me.

shocked.gifshocked.gif

Wonder if clobberintime WOULD post a scan...I have no doubt that almost any collector would love posting a scan of a book that screams "hey, look how badly I got screwed by buying THIS book!" 27_laughing.gif

Nope...Robby was fully informed by me of the corner creases. However, in retrospect, I should have just listed it on eBay but I didn't because I had real reservations about the grade. Also, I priced it so cheap and he got a fantastic deal from me, as he got to me early (right after the poor showing on my FF 25 CGC 9.2 - $500+ WTF?). Luckily I made it up with a $400 sale of my other better 9.6 copy that I sold on ComicLink!

Too bad I wasn't collecting this title yet frown.gif

I've gotten a 9.6 from a MTU 4 with WP with 2 corner creases! I couldn't believe the grade when I got it even though the rest of the book was basically perfect.

In my experience, CGC is Spine-Heavy when grading, and if you have a few small nicks, expect a larger plunge in grade, than if the spine was perfect and there were a couple of corner creases.

My personal preference is the exact opposite, and I'd rather have a few spine tics in return for razor-sharp, pristine corners.

I've gotten a 9.6 from a MTU 4 with WP with 2 corner creases! I couldn't believe the grade when I got it even though the rest of the book was basically perfect.

In my experience, CGC is Spine-Heavy when grading, and if you have a few small nicks, expect a larger plunge in grade, than if the spine was perfect and there were a couple of corner creases.

My personal preference is the exact opposite, and I'd rather have a few spine tics in return for razor-sharp, pristine corners.

I am the same way as you, JC.