• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Spider-man run on E-bay

147 posts in this topic

Unless they are graded by CGC, then no chance for bids from me.
Ditto! 893applaud-thumb.gif
Not that it matters but they want 10 dollars for a modern book and they will give a 10 percent discount on your first 30 books so your into them for around 10.00 after shipping where if you send into CGC with the 20 percent discount it hovers right around a little over 13.00. Wow For Moderns you pay 3 dollars more and you get real value for it.I can promise you I would not send my big dollar books to them as there is no value there I dont think either and they are sending them UPS not Registered USPS. CGC ROCKS Davidking623
Three Modern books to CGC Dynamic Forces Books Value $15.00 per book Total $45Grading Fees $48.00 ($16 per Book)20% Discount - $9.60Shipping Fee $22.50CGC Total $60.90 (20.30 per Book)Three Modern books to CGGDynamic Forces Books Value $15.00 per book Total $45Grading Fees $30.00 ($10 per Book)No DiscountShipping Fee $16.65 (14.65 + 2.00 insurance)CGG Total $46.65 ($15.55 per Book)Savings $14.25 ($4.75 per book)
Hi Ryan, ( I beleive that is your name)First of all My quote wasnt for a paltry 3 books it was for 30 books! Which puts the cost at 13.76 and it also includes the books being insured on there way back at 50.00 each ( which means 50.00 X 30=1500.00) in case you werent sure! To document that I used a form CGC which is for 30 moderns and that is the price! Im certainly looking for true value which I know CGC gives me!

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to view supersized image

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

http://www.vendio.com/bin/ref.x/1803500154'>Davidking623

Three Modern books to CGC

Dynamic Forces Books Value $15.00 per book Total $45

Grading Fees $48.00 ($16 per Book)

20% Discount - $9.60

Shipping Fee $22.50

CGC Total $60.90 (20.30 per Book)

Three Modern books to CGG

Dynamic Forces Books Value $15.00 per book Total $45

Grading Fees $30.00 ($10 per Book)

No Discount

Shipping Fee $16.65 (14.65 + 2.00 insurance)

CGG Total $46.65 ($15.55 per book)

Savings $14.25 ($4.75 per book)

Dynamic Forces Books Value $15 per book total $150

CGC Grading fees for 10 Moderns: $150

CGC Discount of 20%: -$30

Insured UPS Shipping: $22.50

CGC Total $142.50 ($14.25 per book)

Retail Value of CGC Books in 9.8: +300% to +800% of guide

CGG Grading fees for 10 Moderns: $100

No Discount

Shipping Fee $16.65 (14.64 + 2.00 insurance)

CGG Total $116.65 ($11.65 per book)

Retail Value of CGG Books in 9.8: +0% to +50% of guide

Getting your Silver Age Unrestored CGG books back as a CGC Restored: Priceless

I see alot of cgc's getting no bids

Ryan Is that all you have to say about CGC that is because some people are looking for a buyer not a bidder it doesnt always work but I bet if the price is right for that one buyer it does!

Davidking623

Like 3000 CGC auctions to about 200 CGG auctions at any one time. If and when that # begins to close, then CGG may start closing the gap on the CGC "pedigree" multiple as well.

To use your own words....Why do you judge w/out knowing any facts?

I'd like to know where you got your above figures. When I do a title search on CGG books, da number is never even close to 200 CGG auctions at any one time. I just did a title search on eBay and it's currently at 2,951 CGC books compared to only 51 CGG books. If you want da search to be even less accurate than just a title search, then a search on titles and descriptions reveals 9,082 CGC books and only 177 CGG books.

The fact is dat CGC books CONSISTENTLY get better multiples of guide than CGG books. Who cares about da occasional fluke sale...and you have to wonder how much more you might have received for da book if it had been graded by CGC instead. You might save a few dollars initially by having CGG grade your books....but you might as well fush dat savings and a whole lot more down da toilet when you go to sell them. thumbsup2.gif

$29 to grade 9.0 sold for $40 WoW $11 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif That looks like a CGG sale insane.gif

Tomb of Dracula 2 CGC 9.0 VF/NM WHITE Pages

$29 to grade 9.0 sold for $40 WoW $11 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif That looks like a CGG sale insane.gif

Dude, if you are NOT a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, you are sure doing a first-rate impression of one. boo.gif

I still think his name is Ryan! But Dude will do also! 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

Like 3000 CGC auctions to about 200 CGG auctions at any one time. If and when that # begins to close, then CGG may start closing the gap on the CGC "pedigree" multiple as well.

To use your own words....Why do you judge w/out knowing any facts?

I'd like to know where you got your above figures. When I do a title search on CGG books, da number is never even close to 200 CGG auctions at any one time. I just did a title search on eBay and it's currently at 2,951 CGC books compared to only 51 CGG books. If you want da search to be even less accurate than just a title search, then a search on titles and descriptions reveals 9,082 CGC books and only 177 CGG books.

The fact is dat CGC books CONSISTENTLY get better multiples of guide than CGG books. Who cares about da occasional fluke sale...and you have to wonder how much more you might have received for da book if it had been graded by CGC instead. You might save a few dollars initially by having CGG grade your books....but you might as well fush dat savings and a whole lot more down da toilet when you go to sell them. thumbsup2.gif

$29 to grade Sold for $17.50 Da is a Good sale -11.50

Phantom Stranger 5, 1970 CGC 9.0 NR Neal Adams Cover - 3rd Best CGC Copy

One more

Dude, if you are NOT a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, you are sure doing a first-rate impression of one. boo.gif

It is the Title not the gradeing company Key books in high grade sell CGC or CGG

Yes but in a year will CGG still be around CGC still is going strong look at how long it takes to get economy submissions back that is because there is more supply going to them and they grade at the same pace no matter what if it means backing up economy's to a half a year that is where they slide it to!!There safe secure and above all really COOL!

Imagine how good you will feel having your key CGG book with a defunt company they havent accomplished a thing.Good turnaround time can only mean one thing not many books going thru!

Davidking623