• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Spider-man run on E-bay

147 posts in this topic

I will get back to you soon as it get the answers

Hey cgg shill RS,

Be sure to find out why cgg tdcomixncardz listed the book as being from an "original owner collection"...when we know for a fact that it wasn't. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I wonder if there could be dishonost people there? 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

Let me ask you a question? What would be a good example of a CGG vs. CGC comparison? You (and others) seem to imply that high feedback low neg sellers can sell books raw for similar prices as they do if they are CGGed and that cerifying with CGC will garner more $$$ in the majority (95%) of the cases without any consideration as to the grade of the book.

Here is my hypothesis based on my VERY LIMITED experiences so far with CGG (About 200 books).

NM books:

1) Raw books I sell on ebay: 1X - 2.5X guide (And yes, I can grade)

2) CGG Graded: 2X - 4X guide

3) CGC Graded: 3X - 5X guide

Books lower than VF/NM:

1) Raw books I sell on ebay: 60% - 90% of guide

2) CGG Graded: 85% of guide to 125% of guide (the majority of the time)

3) CGC Graded: 85% of guide to 150% of guide (the majority of the time)

All of the above depends on the title/issue being sold, of course. Put any mainstream Silver Age Marvel title in there and see how it measures up (Spidey, FF, X-Men, TOS, TTA, JIM etc).

I think the average figures you quoted above prove my point quite nicely. You admit that your NM CGC books sell for 3X - 5X guide while your CGG books only get 2X - 4X guide. My question is...is it really worth saving a few bucks initially on the grading to leave that much cash on the table when you go to sell them? Unless it's a bunch of cheap junk, I think the obvious answer is "no". Same thing goes for your VF/NM example. And I wish someone was able to track more CGG vs. CGC sales from other sellers, because I think the spread would be even bigger. Not to mention the fact that we don't even know if CGG is going to be around in another year. Nobody can guarantee anything, but at least CGC has successfully embedded itself in the marketplace and established that it's not going anywhere anytime soon. What happens to the value of everyones CGG books if they take a dive 6 months from now?

They'll be taking a dive and people that thought they were buying value will be cracking them out to send to CGC! This could be a bad thing!

Davidking623