Reholder Fee
5 5

Question

689 posts

I wanted to know what is involved in having a book reholder'ed. Its not really a big issue (I'm just really picky :)) but I recently bought a nice silver age book, graded 9.8, and it has the old style CGC case.

What I wanted to know is if I submitted the book for reholder'ing so that I get the new case, do I run the risk of having it re-evaluated and possibly having the book come back with a lower grade?

K.

31 answers to this question

1 post

If i have a signed, certified, and slabbed book from cbcs or another company, will my book come back with a yellow or green label, since the book was certified already and in cased?

5,405 posts
On 4/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Evnflow said:

If i have a signed, certified, and slabbed book from cbcs or another company, will my book come back with a yellow or green label, since the book was certified already and in cased?

It will come back with a green label. CGC will only apply the yellow Signature Series label to signatures witnessed by CGC.

851 posts
On 4/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Evnflow said:

We do not mention He_who_must_not_be_named around here:fear:

484 posts

I submitted a book for reholdering because the book was moving slightly in the well. I don't even know if they'll notice. If they see that it's moving a little bit would that compel them to regrade? This is assuming the case is undamaged.

10,093 posts
3 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I submitted a book for reholdering because the book was moving slightly in the well. I don't even know if they'll notice. If they see that it's moving a little bit would that compel them to regrade? This is assuming the case is undamaged.

No, I think you will be safe.

936 posts

Hi Gemma / anyone who knows,

This may have been asked before in another thread, but I want to re-holder  an old CGC - labelled book, but it is restored with the old designation (extensive professional)

How would this scenario be handled ?

936 posts
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, fishbone said:

Hi Gemma / anyone who knows,

This may have been asked before in another thread, but I want to re-holder  an old CGC - labelled book, but it is restored with the old designation (extensive professional)

How would this scenario be handled ?

Hello ? Is there any way to get an answer to this?  Thanks.

10,093 posts
7 hours ago, fishbone said:

Hello ? Is there any way to get an answer to this?  Thanks.

I honestly don't know but I would think a new label, with the new designation, would be assigned. Perhaps you are better off asking your question in a different thread. I think most see the title ASK CGC and don't bother reading it. (shrug)

936 posts
On 2/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I honestly don't know but I would think a new label, with the new designation, would be assigned. Perhaps you are better off asking your question in a different thread. I think most see the title ASK CGC and don't bother reading it. (shrug)

Think I will, thanks

i would think a new designation would have to be used, but I’d think a whole new assessment would have to be done to get an A-1 or B-3 , or whatever ...?

or could they get that just from previous grader notes?

10,093 posts
20 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Think I will, thanks

i would think a new designation would have to be used, but I’d think a whole new assessment would have to be done to get an A-1 or B-3 , or whatever ...?

or could they get that just from previous grader notes?

I see your point. Good Question. You may have to call CGC to ask this. If you find out, let us know !

936 posts
1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I see your point. Good Question. You may have to call CGC to ask this. If you find out, let us know !

I will