• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholder Fee
2 2

40 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2015 at 8:22 AM, Bree said:

Hi,

That used to be the case however if you only have a few you can turn them into us at the convention.

How many is a few? I will be at the Big Apple Con this weekend. Can I bring 4 or 5 to submit for Re-Holder? 

Edited by taro90

On 4/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Evnflow said:

If i have a signed, certified, and slabbed book from cbcs or another company, will my book come back with a yellow or green label, since the book was certified already and in cased?

It will come back with a green label. CGC will only apply the yellow Signature Series label to signatures witnessed by CGC.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Evnflow said:

If i have a signed, certified, and slabbed book from cbcs or another company, will my book come back with a yellow or green label, since the book was certified already and in cased?

We do not mention He_who_must_not_be_named around here:fear:

I submitted a book for reholdering because the book was moving slightly in the well. I don't even know if they'll notice. If they see that it's moving a little bit would that compel them to regrade? This is assuming the case is undamaged.

3 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I submitted a book for reholdering because the book was moving slightly in the well. I don't even know if they'll notice. If they see that it's moving a little bit would that compel them to regrade? This is assuming the case is undamaged.

No, I think you will be safe.

Hi Gemma / anyone who knows,

This may have been asked before in another thread, but I want to re-holder  an old CGC - labelled book, but it is restored with the old designation (extensive professional)

How would this scenario be handled ?

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, fishbone said:

Hi Gemma / anyone who knows,

This may have been asked before in another thread, but I want to re-holder  an old CGC - labelled book, but it is restored with the old designation (extensive professional)

How would this scenario be handled ?

Hello ? Is there any way to get an answer to this?  Thanks.

7 hours ago, fishbone said:

Hello ? Is there any way to get an answer to this?  Thanks.

I honestly don't know but I would think a new label, with the new designation, would be assigned. Perhaps you are better off asking your question in a different thread. I think most see the title ASK CGC and don't bother reading it. (shrug)

On 2/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I honestly don't know but I would think a new label, with the new designation, would be assigned. Perhaps you are better off asking your question in a different thread. I think most see the title ASK CGC and don't bother reading it. (shrug)

Think I will, thanks

i would think a new designation would have to be used, but I’d think a whole new assessment would have to be done to get an A-1 or B-3 , or whatever ...?

or could they get that just from previous grader notes?

20 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Think I will, thanks

i would think a new designation would have to be used, but I’d think a whole new assessment would have to be done to get an A-1 or B-3 , or whatever ...?

or could they get that just from previous grader notes?

I see your point. Good Question. You may have to call CGC to ask this. If you find out, let us know !

I received an ASM 361 that is CGC 9.8. It seems the book slipped a few millimeters down from the cover. If I send the book in to get re-slabbed, are you able to realign the book? And will this compromise the grade? The corners all appear to be perfect without damage. Thanks in advance!

15387523839666912437489150709763.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, Ghastly542454 said:

Why is CGC running so slowly now on reholders? I have 2 groups of books that have been there since 2/1 and for the last 2 weeks they have not moved from “scheduled for grading” status. Now going on to 7 weeks!!.

SFG is the new verified. Goes straight from Rcvd to SFG.

I had a comic reholdered, and it came back crooked in its case. So now, there is nothing wrong with the case, just the position of the comic within the case. Can I send the book back again for reholder? This way the comic can be placed in the case straight this time.

8 hours ago, AwesomeSauce said:

I had a comic reholdered, and it came back crooked in its case. So now, there is nothing wrong with the case, just the position of the comic within the case. Can I send the book back again for reholder? This way the comic can be placed in the case straight this time.

I would call CGC's customer service to discuss this.  They would be better equipped to assist you.