• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last Dell Comics Editor & Writer DJ Arneson Interview

1 post in this topic

I'm cross posting this from Comics General because Silver Age readers in particular would be interested in this.

Hi all, I virtually never do posts to plug my stuff here but this one is special.

DJ Arneson was the editor of Dell Comics between 1962 and 1973 when they stopped publishing comics. He also did some credited and uncredited writing for Dell, Charlton, Gold Key, Archie, & Tower Comics during those years. You may recall the Great Society Comic book and Bobman and Teddy that he did with Tony Tallarico. He also makes a pretty convincing case that he created and wrote Lobo for Dell Comics, not Tony Tallarico as he claimed in an interview I did with him nearly 4 years ago. It was coming across that interview is what caused him to contact us.

The Interview is here: http://www.collectortimes.com/Clubhouse.html

To the best of my knowledge this is the first interview of DJ in regards to his comic career.

I thought the comic history and specifically Dell comic lovers would want to read this.