• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- FINALS

189 posts in this topic

:news:Welcome to the FINALS :news::banana:

Congrats to the Warlord and Etanick :acclaim: They will be facing off for the coveted National World CGC March Madness Grading Championship of the Universe! Representing the West will be Warlord- a #5 seed, and representing the east is Etanick- the first #1 seed to ever advance to a final. :headbang:

I've put together a good group of books, and booked the halftime entertainment (couldn't come to terms with the dice guy) :insane: - so we're ready to begin! :banana:

Rules for this round:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me the grades for the first two in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM. I will post a halftime score. Players will then PM me grades on the next two and the final score will be posted.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for the first set of grades is Monday at 10:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification (or more confusion) before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Any stains.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

6. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The team with the highest score wins. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to both teams. :wishluck:

Bracket2.jpg

Suspenseful Books for this round:

Tales of Suspense 21 White

Silver Surfer 7 OW-W. Four manufacturing ink spots in the gray area of the pit- they are not color breaks. Disregard the 'scratch' on the upper portion of the back cover in the black stripe. It is a piece of something floating around in the case.

Amazing Spider-Man 167 OW-W. Extremely slight 3/4" NCB crease bottom right FC.

Fantastic Four 68 White

TOS21f.jpg

TOS21b.jpg

SS07f.jpg

SS07b.jpg

ASM167f.jpg

ASM167b.jpg

FF068f.jpg

FF068b.jpg

I'll throw a "Mystery Box" prize into the mix. Some fine reading material (if you're into that sort of thing).

For those that don't like surprises...

Just couldn't wait 'til Xmas morning, could ya? :makepoint:

• Black Hole (Whitman) #1-3 in a pre-pack (NM-ish)

• Seduction of the Innocent (Eclipse) 1-6 (VF/NM-ish)

• Seduction of the Innocent 3D (Eclipse) 1 (VF/NM-ish)

• Bakersfield Kountry Komics (Cherry Poptart prototype by Larry Welz) (F-ish)

• Cherry Poptart 4 (VF-ish)

• Usagi Yojimbo 1-3 (VF-ish)

• maybe some more??