• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- FINALS

189 posts in this topic

Kudos on Easter everyone...and no matter what happens, good luck to Warlord and one hell of a competitor. Thanks NA to put up many books that are more suitable to my grading skills. I seriously would have been eliminated much earlier if more books were below the 9.0 level. I sucked at low to mid grade...too much of a high grade snob to pay much attention to "junks".

it was roughly a year ago that I came across this forum so I remembered following the tournament and thinking to myself how fun it would have been to be in it. I left the hobby for many years and returned on 2/09 and found this forum shortly after. I didn't join until much later because I was just too lazy to get a new email address that can be approved but what a year it has been.

Besides getting to know a bunch of nice people, spending a ton on books...I learned a hell of a lot about grading my books, discovered the horrors of restorations in my collection...but it has been EXTREMELY fun so thanks everyone for adding some fun back into my life.

Heck, loving wife, beautiful son and great comics...what more can one man ask for. Life is greaaaatttttt (thumbs u

:news:FINAL SCORE :news:

Warlord: 67

Etanick: 42

Congrats to both finalists, who put up some high scores on their way to the finals. Both teams matched each other grade for grade- the difference was the TOS 21.

:o Whew! :whee: Thank you TOS 21! (worship)

Thanks for the great competition etanick, DiceX, DDS, comicdey, Arcade, and Dr_Neff! :slapfight: Really, at every round I expected to tune back in to find that I had been knocked out, so many other players in the other brackets and including my opponents turned in really stellar grading rounds at times while I think my max was 75.

And a round of cheers to Nostalgic Attic for running a well organized and exciting grading contest.. Thank you! It's been a lot of fun -- except for the nagging doubts before and after submitting grades! :insane:

I will wear the crown with dignity and honor! And maybe now the grading gods will decide to return at least some of my calls! lol

congrats to Warlord (worship)

and thanks NA for one fun contest and many weeks of thrills and chills.

I hope to return next year and give it another run for the money.

It is a fitting end where the lowest graded book in the entire contest sunk me. May be now it is time to start slabbing my junks to get more practice for next year :insane:

Congrats Warlord, and also to etanick... finishing second out of the original 68 players ain't too shabby!

Thank you, Tom. Another fantastic March Madness tourney. We all appreciate the time and effort you put into this.