• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS Forumite book: The World Tour!

562 posts in this topic

Sometime last year there was an attempt in making to two books make somewhat of a tour but, for one reason or another, they ended up in an almost total failure. Anyways, I am proposing that there be another try at it but, this time ...a successfull attempt.

If people are willing to participate, this is how I propose it goes down:

I will donate a CGC SS Book.

The book will travel to the different parts of the World in which Forumites live in. The forumite that has the book can keep it as long as it is being "Shown Around" and pictures are taken of its adventures, then posted on this thread. In the back of the slab, whoever had it, will neatly sign with their board name and date it under the previous person's name, with a sharpie. The person with the book will take at least three pictures of the slab where it is currently at, before it is shipped off to the next person. Every person will package with care so that the slab is able to last in the continuous travel. This will go on for 24 months, and at the end, we will have a FREE raffle to keep it, among all those who participated.

Here are suggestions for the pictures:

The slab at a bar with your friends, the slab with your kids, the slab with your pets, the slab next to your Christmas tree, the slab with a group picture, the slab near a monument, the slab at your work, the slab next to a cool car...and so on and so forth...

Honorable mention will be given to those who take pictures of the slab next to an attractive woman. Honorable mention will be given to those who take a picture of the slab next to a famous (Or semi-famous) person. An Attractive famous woman..well you get the point...

Taking it to Cons...

BIG PLUS+

The Book will be a Modern 9.8 Spidey 573 CGC SS. If there is response to this, the first pictures will be taken this week, and the tour will officially begin this Friday. The first :takeit: will receive the book first, and personal information given by PM. The person who wants to have it, must request it to the current 'owner', or you can do a.. "TAG..YOU'RE IT!!". The book will start in Iraq.

Yes Boozad, I realize that that project ended in failure but, the premise of that one was to see how many times a book could be shipped from one place to another, WITHOUT ANY PACKAGING, it was doomed for failure, from the very begining. This time, it is a better book and people will package well before sending it off, It's two year project. The Colber Book that will be traveling will be taken care of much better...and Besides,when I sponsored the other book in Japan, I too showed it a good time, even when locals were weirded out by the idea of taking pictures with a slab.....

see...

95901.jpg.f61e0e4e6b43c7a7575cf77bad6d1893.jpg

95903.jpg.a56ae4223f13d71a6a56789cb0e3096f.jpg

95904.jpg.cb492e54c8db41a183aa4f3bbd42b5e7.jpg

95905.jpg.31d4dd18e697d15d525aad4edf374952.jpg

95906.jpg.ecb3b3534a456598af41f5bc9243472f.jpg