• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION COMICS #2 FS for parts copy $4500 also #4, 15, 16 + Worlds Finest too!!

9 posts in this topic

I have an excerpted copy of Action #2

what I have is the front cover & Superman story. the rest of the book is missing

$4500

this is much rarer than #1 as DC needed sales results before determining print runs.

ComicConnect has sold several Action #1's in the past year or so and Heritage is selling one right now. But how many #2s have they sold in that time??

#1 has sold for $1million & $1.5million within the last few weeks. The prices on the rest of the first 10 or so are sure to go up dramatically during the coming year..

I also have Action #4 $1300 as the #2, and the rest of the issues below, all of these are excerpted copies and are the front cover and the Superman stories only.

#15 $650

#16 $325

#22 $250

#31 $125

#35 $125

#41, 44, 50 $100 each

#52 $150

#54, 56 $90 each

#61 $100

plus

World's Finest

#3 $250

#5 $180

#7, 8 $135 each

These are not complete issues. Condition is nice and there is no tape etc. Many are perfect examples to use to fix other copies missing the cover or outer wrap.

The pages are not full wraps.. just the Superman pages.

interested??

email me at sales@comic-art.com

it would be better to email me than to send me a pm on CGC

Rich

some photos.. if you need more, let me know

action_001.jpg

action_002.jpg

action_003.jpg

action_004.jpg

Many of these comics were sold by Metro about 4 years ago, including a # 7

They were listed on the Metropolis Website. There was also a # 3 and I distinctly remember that they were comprised of ONLY the covers and first Superman Story.

They were listed on the Metropolis Website. There was also a # 3 and I distinctly remember that they were comprised of ONLY the covers and first Superman Story.

I believe comicartcom and Metro bought the collection together, so the issues that comicartcom is offering are different from what Metro sold.

I believe comicartcom and Metro bought the collection together, so the issues that comicartcom is offering are different from what Metro sold.

This is correct. We split the deal. The books were originally part of a lareg collection of only Superman related comics and Action #2-71 or so were excerpted for the Superman material only by the original newstand buyer

Supes, Batman and Robin playing baseball :insane::screwy:

You have to consider the historical perspective. This book came out at the end of the Summer of '41. A Summer in which the nation was consumed by two events: the war in Europe, and Dimaggio's 56 consecutive game hitting streak. And it can be debated which event was more talked about. Baseball was huge at that time.