• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turok Son of Stone Collecting Thread !!
2 2

374 posts in this topic

Above I've posted the last two published issues in the series - #129, and #130.  Neither book is hard to find, in fact they're both quite common.  BUT, these two particular examples are different from most.  Does anyone know why?

5 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

There is no Gold Key edition, just Whitman issues but that is the case for #126-130 so that must be something else...hm

They are the only 60c issues (#128 is the last 50c issue)?

No - all copies of 130 and 129 were priced at 60 c.  It's the 2 examples that I've posted that are different from about 97% (maybe more) of all other copies of 130 and 129 published.  Why?

Edited by pemart1966

#8,9,10,11 are by far the toughest Turok issues to find in high grade with issues #8 and #10 being the ultimate challenges.

In July 2020, CGC 8.5 copies for #9,10,11 sold instantly on eBay at the asked BIN price. I was so sorry to have missed #9 and #10, whomever grabbed those is a lucky collector.

38 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Turok 6.jpg

Early on in the run, there were a fair number of prehistoric mammals seen but shortly after (this might have been the last issue which featured a mammal) they all went "extinct" from the series lol     I wonder why?

On 4/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, pemart1966 said:

Above I've posted the last two published issues in the series - #129, and #130.  Neither book is hard to find, in fact they're both quite common.  BUT, these two particular examples are different from most.  Does anyone know why?

Unless it's the lighting, the only difference I can see is the Whitman logo on my copies have a yellow background just like the word "TUROK" in the title. On yours, one is white and the other is either white or a much lighter yellow.