• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fla. man sued for $15k over negative eBay remark

131 posts in this topic

don't see why the defendant would even bother with an attorney. heck, this isn't criminal. I wouldn't have even shown up for court.

Then you would have gotten a little thing called a default judgment rammed right where the sun don't shine.

What good is a judgement when the defendant has no intention of ever paying....?

don't see why the defendant would even bother with an attorney. heck, this isn't criminal. I wouldn't have even shown up for court.

Then you would have gotten a little thing called a default judgment rammed right where the sun don't shine.

What good is a judgement when the defendant has no intention of ever paying....?

well there is jail time...

thats rediculous.."Oh, i got a negative feedback..I KNOW!!!..ill ruin the guys life"

seems totally fair doh!

Florida is really screwed up, i think there must be something in the H2O. hm:screwy:

Aligator pee :gossip:

:o

so what

I believe it means you would automatically lose and recieve a judgement to pay the $15,000

Plus costs.

Ask ANY attorney.. Getting a judgement and collecting on one are two different things...

This is typical of the state of our legal system..Give me a break poor guy got a negative feedback BOO HOO

What an azz clown!!

exactly my point

well there is jail time...

not true

Some of the most entertaining moments I have had are dealing with judgment debtors that take this attitude - and then they finally return my calls after their bank accounts have been levied.

My office is in Miami Beach and I know Miller. I have to call him to find out what this is all about.

What do you call 100 lawyers at bottom of ocean?

A good Start.

What is more saddening than a bus full of ambulance chasers going off a cliff?

An empty seat.

;)

Homophobes go to the back of line for telling lawyer jokes.

Jesus Christ! Can't a guy even tell a joke around here???

5,000 other people say lawyers jokes and you come across

the table with the same old yarn that happened over 2 years ago???

Can't a guy become absolved for one single mistake???

Also for everyone's information (and to be clear on it) I have personally taken Brian's advice

and forgiven Whisp, so I have dropped my hate...

So it is simple, drown in your hate and be a hater for life

OR ...

Get a life.

It's your choice.

:foryou:

Anyway, sincerely thank you Brian, that is the best thing to do and since I have

dropped the hate I feel like a better person for it.

_wally

A good Start.

An empty seat.

;)

You are a sad, bitter person and you need help. Let it go, man. Just let it go. Cuz its gone.

Turns out this guy's lawyer is Judith Frankel, a longtime Miami Beach lawyer (and friend). She is the treasurer of the Miami Beach Bar Association and will see her at our meeting next Tuesday. I will get more info about this case then (where it stands, what he is really suing for, etc...).

By the way, he is likely siung for more than 15K. In Florida, in order to invoke the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court, you have to plead that your damages are at least 15k (exclusive of interest and attorneys fees). You do not have to state (and people rarely do) the actual amount you are suing for.

Some of the most entertaining moments I have had are dealing with judgment debtors that take this attitude - and then they finally return my calls after their bank account has been levied.

My office is in Miami Beach and I know Miller. I have to call him to find out what this is all about.

:headbang: then we can find out what really went on...

I am kind of seeing both sides of the coin here.

On one hand I think its a little overboard to bring this guy to court for a poor ebay feedback..as ill thought out as it was, I don't think it warrants litigation.

However,

Haven't many of you lamented the fact that sellers have no power to fight back unwarranted or libelous(sp?) feedback? Perhaps this will be the kick in the pants that ebay needs to amend its policy. Too bad for the guinea pig buyer but he did make some rather personal remarks outside of the actual transaction.

A good Start.

An empty seat.

;)

Jesus Christ! Can't a guy even tell a joke around here???

5,000 other people say lawyers jokes and you come across

the table with the same old yarn that happened over 2 years ago???

Can't a guy become absolved for one single mistake???

Also for everyone's information (and to be clear on it) I have personally taken Brian's advice

and forgiven Whisp, so I have dropped my hate...

So it is simple, drown in your hate and be a hater for life

OR ...

Get a life.

It's your choice.

:foryou:

Anyway, sincerely thank you Brian, that is the best thing to do and since I have

dropped the hate I feel like a better person for it.

_wally

in vino veritas

Ask ANY attorney.. Getting a judgement and collecting on one are two different things...

-----------

in new york it is actually pretty easy to garnish wages once you have the judgment in hand, assuming you can find out where someone works

and if you have a bank account #, it's pretty easy to place a lien on it

and if you know where someone lives and they own it, it's pretty easy to place a lien on the home

i assume these things are even easier in florida

Turns out this guy's lawyer is Judith Frankel, a longtime Miami Beach lawyer (and friend). She is the treasurer of the Miami Beach Bar Association and will see her at our meeting next Tuesday. I will get more info about this case then (where it stands, what he is really suing for, etc...).

By the way, he is likely siung for more than 15K. In Florida, in order to invoke the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court, you have to plead that your damages are at least 15k (exclusive of interest and attorneys fees). You do not have to state (and people rarely do) the actual amount you are suing for.

What a waste of time...he has less than 40 feedbacks as a seller in all of 2008 and 2009. And the item in question was some kind of alarm clock. So, $15K or more in damages from lost sales? Riiiigghhht

...this is the kind of stuff that gives attorneys a bad rap.