• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Indeed. It's been a slow mover in terms of value going up for the past 2 years now compared to AF 15, TOS 39, JIM 83, etc. 

Hulk 1 is dead in the water in the for the past 2 years like FF1 was for many years. I purchased my nice looking Hulk 1 CGC 4.5 2 years ago for 14 500$ and has not bugged.

Right now seems like JIM83, SC22 and a few others are what is hot. I think FF1 in mid to low grades is making a comeback and also X-Men 1 in 9.0 and lower it seems.

So much for Hulk 1 keeping pace with AF15 like AC1 and TEC27. At least in the last 24 months.

Edited by SC22

Same thing's happening right now to AF15, a month or two back would have been a good time to sell.

The 2 over-graded 6.5 Hulks sold pretty well though for what they were, especially the white-pager.

8 hours ago, drbanner said:

Same thing's happening right now to AF15, a month or two back would have been a good time to sell.

The 2 over-graded 6.5 Hulks sold pretty well though for what they were, especially the white-pager.

AF15 has a new price point per grade and it is almost 100% higher than each grade sold for just a year ago or so. Hulk 1 on the other hand has not gone up at all in most grades. AF15 is on a whole other level now unless Hulk 1 starts picking up steam again. Witch I believe it will over time.

Yeah, AF 15 peaked earlier this year and is now stagnant in low-mid grades. The glut of offerings and depressed sales prices in the last Heritage Auction illustrate that a) collectors see now as a good time to sell, and b) there are plenty of copies available. Hulk plateaued just like this a few years back, not much movement since then.

3 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Yeah, AF 15 peaked earlier this year and is now stagnant in low-mid grades. The glut of offerings and depressed sales prices in the last Heritage Auction illustrate that a) collectors see now as a good time to sell, and b) there are plenty of copies available. Hulk plateaued just like this a few years back, not much movement since then.

Agreed but the prices of AF15 are not going back to 2015 or 2016 levels. They are having a normal set back after such a huge increase in value then the new norm in values will be set per grade. Until the future then it starts all over again but maybe not like this current cycle in such a small amount of time.

19 hours ago, SC22 said:

Hulk 1 is dead in the water in the for the past 2 years like FF1 was for many years. I purchased my nice looking Hulk 1 CGC 4.5 2 years ago for 14 500$ and has not bugged.

Right now seems like JIM83, SC22 and a few others are what is hot. I think FF1 in mid to low grades is making a comeback and also X-Men 1 in 9.0 and lower it seems.

So much for Hulk 1 keeping pace with AF15 like AC1 and TEC27. At least in the last 24 months.

Before this newest era of free money with zero interest, comics appreciated slowly. Calling key Marvel issues dead in the water is like saying the ocean is broken because the tide went out.

Metropolis sold a Hulk #1 in 9.0 for $300K a few months ago and prices have generally appreciated for Hulk #1 across the board (the higher the grade, the greater the price appreciation).

Hulk #1 nearly doubled in price 3 years ago. So because it doesn't double in price this year it's dead? Oh my goodness this new generation is impatient and in need of a history lesson.  lol

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Before this newest era of free money with zero interest, comics appreciated slowly. Calling key Marvel issues dead in the water is like saying the ocean is broken because the tide went out.

Metropolis sold a Hulk #1 in 9.0 for $300K a few months ago and prices have generally appreciated for Hulk #1 across the board (the higher the grade, the greater the price appreciation).

Hulk #1 nearly doubled in price 3 years ago. So because it doesn't double in price this year it's dead? Oh my goodness this new generation is impatient and in need of a history lesson.  lol

At last, we agree on something.  :foryou:

-J.

1 hour ago, SC22 said:
1 hour ago, drbanner said:

Agreed but the prices of AF15 are not going back to 2015 or 2016 levels.

Hulk #1 hasn't gone back to pre 2014 levels either.

What point are you trying to make?

22 minutes ago, mathlete said:

I was trying to get this 1.0 last night for under $5k, but I gave up right before the bid got to that point: https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-fr-10-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/121747-13450.s

That seems pretty strong to me?

I was watching that one.  It would seem $4700 was strong for a 1.0, but seems like $4k -$5k is the entry level price for a complete Hulk 1 with no outstanding front cover eye sores. 

The VG 4.0 sold for $9800 last night on Heritage.  Marvel chipping was a negative, but off-white to white pages was a positive.                                                                                      Could it be a sign of price pullback ?  Maybe time of year ??          Might be time for me to pull the trigger on one...

1 hour ago, hippiecop said:

The VG 4.0 sold for $9800 last night on Heritage.  Marvel chipping was a negative, but off-white to white pages was a positive.                                                                                      Could it be a sign of price pullback ?  Maybe time of year ??          Might be time for me to pull the trigger on one...

Main focus for 2016-17 was AF15 and everything else SA not so much. Showcase 22 and JIM83 maybe the only other exceptions.

Edited by SC22

22 minutes ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

Same copy that didn't meet reserve price on ebay for $35,150