• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:
19 hours ago, SC22 said:

The only thing Hulk has been smashing lately price wise is into a wall!!

I wonder why that is.  I'm not being facetious, I'd really like to know.

Except it's not true.

SC22 is like a crack addict looking for his next fix, with price appreciation being the drug of choice.

He said that Hulk #1 was dead in the water and yet it still continues to slowly appreciate at a reasonable (and historic) rate over all.

He said AF #15 would never go down and yet now concedes that it went down. It's simply a correction.

People need to slow down and relax and get some perspective. And that means maybe checking GPA once every few months to look for trends rather than refreshing every hour. lol

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Except it's not true.

SC22 is like a crack addict looking for his next fix, with price appreciation being the drug of choice.

He said that Hulk #1 was dead in the water and yet it still continues to slowly appreciate at a reasonable (and historic) rate over all.

He said AF #15 would never go down and yet now concedes that it went down. It's simply a correction.

People need to slow down and relax and get some perspective. And that means maybe checking GPA once every few months to look for trends rather than refreshing every hour. lol

Sure it has 2 years ago 4.5 went for 14 500$ how much has it increased since then....more like decreased.

20 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Except it's not true.

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, I apologize if I did so.  I have GPA and look at it from time to time on Hulk #1.  I should probably keep up more than what I do.  I've been thinking about trying to upgrade my copy just a little from my CGC 1.8 to possibly a CGC 2.0 or 2.5 depending on price and how the copy presents.  I guess I'm just trying to decide when/how to go about it.    

8 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, I apologize if I did so.  I have GPA and look at it from time to time on Hulk #1.  I should probably keep up more than what I do.  I've been thinking about trying to upgrade my copy just a little from my CGC 1.8 to possibly a CGC 2.0 or 2.5 depending on price and how the copy presents.  I guess I'm just trying to decide when/how to go about it.    

I didn't take it as you stirring the pot, but I'm just trying to moderate the expectation that if a book doesn't double price in a year that it's flat. :foryou:

That is not healthy for the hobby.

Hulk #1 has been appreciating at a historical rate. It's continuing to climb. It's just not multiplying like some books.

To me that makes jumping into a Hulk #1 a safer bet at this point.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

I didn't take it as you stirring the pot, but I'm just trying to moderate the expectation that if a book doesn't double price in a year that it's flat. :foryou:

That is not healthy for the hobby.

Hulk #1 has been appreciating at a historical rate. It's continuing to climb. It's just not multiplying like some books.

To me that makes jumping into a Hulk #1 a safer bet at this point.

Roy, I'll be looking to land a mid-grade copy of Hulk #1 about this time next year so feel free to keep the market calm until then.  Thanks.

17 hours ago, geofan said:

Hi Guys...

Here are a few of my raw Hulk's some are better than others, but they are all fantastic book!

Here is my cat Mindy showing off my stashimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

thumbnail-5.jpeg

thumbnail-5.jpeg

George, I suspect that cat turns into a TIGER when any comics are threatened?! lol 

2 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

fix this bug 

CGC boards now blow if you want to delete anything

Fantastic Four #1.jpg

Great looking book John, congrats ! I believe you can 'hide' the post instead of 'delete'. No bug just different terminology.

1 hour ago, Wardschenk said:

I have a Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 for sale.  What should i list it for?

Without seeing it, knowing eye appeal, page quality, etc it's hard to say. You really should do your own research. You know what you have into it. Look at E-Bay sales, Heritage Sales, Comiclink sales, etc . IMO, the only way to truly ascertain value is to list it in auction.