• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, rucnok said:

i hope to get a better scan this week since i obtained a better scanner for comic books

That is an incredibly nice looking Hulk #1. Can you share any details about it?

On 11/3/2018 at 7:57 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

finally able to rejoin this club after selling my first copy a year or two ago. happy to be back in! this is what the skyrocketing price of hulk181 helped enable me to get (i sold one of my copies).

hulk1-cgc-4.0-cover.jpg

Just saw this...congrats and welcome back. Really nice looking book and I think this is a "sweet-spot" grade for this book right now

Interesting results because there was a small house auction in Maryland the other day and the Hulk #1 8.5 went for north of $160K (w/ BP)

My frankenHulk 1 should be back from CGC today. It is a C-1 0.5 due to missing centrefold, slight color touch, and replaced staples, which is what I was expecting. The book came from a collection I picked up in August, and it had some old color photocopied pages in place of the missing centrefold that stuck together. I had to remove them in order to get the book graded. lol 

On 11/29/2018 at 9:32 AM, kimik said:

My frankenHulk 1 should be back from CGC today. It is a C-1 0.5 due to missing centrefold, slight color touch, and replaced staples, which is what I was expecting. The book came from a collection I picked up in August, and it had some old color photocopied pages in place of the missing centrefold that stuck together. I had to remove them in order to get the book graded. lol 

And here it is. This cost the owner of the collection one of his Magnus Robot Fighter #12s at a convention in 1993. At the time the person trading for the Magnus #12 probably felt that they were the winner, but once those 15 minutes of speculative bubble was done we all know which was the better book to have....... lol

260353100_cgcIncredibleHulk1A.thumb.jpg.307be8af4260dc8a62b08d35031de6ca.jpg

10 hours ago, kimik said:

And here it is. This cost the owner of the collection one of his Magnus Robot Fighter #12s at a convention in 1993. At the time the person trading for the Magnus #12 probably felt that they were the winner, but once those 15 minutes of speculative bubble was done we all know which was the better book to have....... lol

260353100_cgcIncredibleHulk1A.thumb.jpg.307be8af4260dc8a62b08d35031de6ca.jpg

Very nice!

I say.... remove those staples, get the colour touch removed (it couldn't impact the grade any more, right?), and get that sucker into a blue slab.

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Very nice!

I say.... remove those staples, get the colour touch removed (it couldn't impact the grade any more, right?), and get that sucker into a blue slab.

-J.

The original owner added a color copy centrefold in the 80s that I had to remove since the color copy pages were sticking together (and to the wrap next to it a bit) and CGC would not grade it. In order to do that, he replaced the staples and then added the tape along the length of the spine on top of them. doh!

I am not sure how much damage it would cause removing the tape to get at the staples, or what the cost would be to do it. 

Edited by kimik

25 minutes ago, jaja-mon12 said:

we'll see how this 8.0 does

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=823513