• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The scans for these kinds of books are so convincing -- unless of course you want to say that they're unconvincing by being simply too good to be true.  I can't even pick out color touch in most scans ... and whenever I look at a restored book with notes saying that whole pieces have been added, I struggle to see where the "seams" are.  I would love to know (or better yet, see) what condition this apparent 9.8 would have been in before the restoration.

Can anyone point me to photos or a video detailing the process?  I'm so curious to see how this is done.

I think its just a matter of amazing resto work.  There's amateur level restoration and then there's high level professional work like that Hulk 1.

On 4/24/2020 at 6:22 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Good shot at getting a 1.0 wuth a resub or sending to Voldy imo. I’ve seen them change their minds on a AF 15 resub.  Great 0.5 IMO 

Edited by Chicago Boy

14 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Awww, the non-purple label threw me off.  I guess I need to read the label closer HAHA. Still very good looking.

you thought it was unrestored 9.8 for 17k???  :tonofbricks: :shy:

Edited by GAMBIT

Yup, that's the copy worth waiting for!  I have almost the exact same book on my want list, but know it's going to take a while to land it.

Congrats on a gorgeous copy!