• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Drummy said:

Hey all --

Great looking 5.5 and 7.5 copies here -- congratulations!

I just actually sold my 4.5 to downgrade to this copy, which actually (to me) has superior eye appeal -- that fc stain's in the right place not to be noticed so much!

Dan

Hulk 1 3.5 wp.jpg

It is in the right place. Took me a second to find it. Nice and centered with white pages is nice. 

On 2/26/2021 at 6:24 PM, Drummy said:

Hey all --

Great looking 5.5 and 7.5 copies here -- congratulations!

I just actually sold my 4.5 to downgrade to this copy, which actually (to me) has superior eye appeal -- that fc stain's in the right place not to be noticed so much!

Dan

Hulk 1 3.5 wp.jpg

Hulk needs a little deodorant there.... he's got a yellow cloud of stench coming up from his armpit.

GREAT looking 3.5!

And yes, we're all jealous about the White pages.

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Is something wrong with the back cover?  How'd this only get a 5.0?

Thx man.. Yeah, not really much on the back either. Small eraser size stain, small stain on spine, and a little wear. Idk really what else, but it is Gorgeous in hand. :cloud9:

I've had this beaut for at least, id say , 6 years? . permanent fixture in my PC

Edited by GAMBIT

3 hours ago, GAMBIT said:

Thx man.. Yeah, not really much on the back either. Small eraser size stain, small stain on spine, and a little wear. Idk really what else, but it is Gorgeous in hand. :cloud9:

I've had this beaut for at least, id say , 6 years? . permanent fixture in my PC

:gossip: (might have been graded during one of their tightest times) 

Compare it to a bunch of other 5.0s and if it truly looks like the best of the bunch ...... maybe a resub is in order.

Looks like IH1 is picking up steam, as I was hoping after the strong $52.8K in January for a 7.0.  It was followed by $13.2K for a 3.0 and $14.4K for a 3.5 in February, and now $27K for a 5.5.   That was all from GPA.  Perhaps there were similar results elsewhere?   IH1 was already undervalued for some time, but especially in light of the exuberance shown for much more common books of late.   

Edited by Pantodude

1 hour ago, Batmanis#1 said:

What's a nice CGC 4.5 going for these days?

Per GPA there was a sale at $13838 recently, but that was apparently a steal.  That lucky bum.  If you look at recent GPA, have these results: grades 3.0 ($14400 in March) 3.5 ($14400 in Feb), 4.0 ($15,600 in March), 5.5 ($27000 in March), and 6.0 ($35600 in March).  That 3.0 and 5.5 were close to $5K a point.  The 6.0 was almost $6K a point.  And this month’s robust $75K for a 7.5 on Comic-Link ($10K a point) could move all those up at least some?   

Using just shy of $5K a point (consistent with the 3.0 and 5.5) suggests a 4.5 should be at least $22000 now, especially in light of price compression below 4.5.  Using the 6.0’s 6K/point suggests $27K for 4.5 and $33K for a 5.5 now.  Unless I interpreted this all wrong (I’m in bed like past 3am, couldn’t sleep!).  

Edited by Pantodude