• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

That Hulk #1 married cover has the same look of being never circulated.  I bet it's the same copy that Mark Wilson's old company World's Finest Comics sold as part of a Hulk #1-6 'file copy cover' set back in the nineties.

image.jpg

52 minutes ago, rabidwolf said:

This is not considered a trimmed book though?

CGC typically has not labeled these books with married covers as 'trimmed', and more often than not gives them green labels, to the best of my knowledge.  Yes, they are trimmed, but only once from the oversized covers that roll off the press, and not at the time of production and again a second time by hand on an assembled book, like one designated as 'trimmed'.

Voldemort stayed away from the 'trimmed' designation on the Hulk #1.

Edited by namisgr

46 minutes ago, namisgr said:

CGC typically has not labeled these books with married covers as 'trimmed', and more often than not gives them green labels, to the best of my knowledge.  Yes, they are trimmed, but only once from the oversized covers that roll off the press, and not at the time of production and again a second time by hand on an assembled book, like one designated as 'trimmed'.

Voldemort stayed away from the 'trimmed' designation on the Hulk #1.

Thanks for the info. So is this one of the Fantasia jobs ? I actually remember buying one of those Fantasia books in the 90s when I was a senior in high school. 

1 hour ago, rabidwolf said:

Thanks for the info. So is this one of the Fantasia jobs ? I actually remember buying one of those Fantasia books in the 90s when I was a senior in high school. 

No, it's not a Fantasia book.  Fantasia faked the existence of Marvel file copy comics by stamping 'FILE COPY' on the splash pages - I remember reading from others that they may have started with the unused covers like the books pictured here, married interiors to them and then faked their provenance.

Edited by namisgr

24 minutes ago, namisgr said:

No, it's not a Fantasia book.  Fantasia faked the existence of Marvel file copy comics by stamping 'FILE COPY' on the splash pages - I remember reading from others that they may have started with the unused covers like the books pictured here, married interiors to them and then faked their provenance.

Thanks.

Merja01 --

You have been posting many great keys today!  I love this Hulk #1 in particular.  Good luck with your AF 15 sale as well -- I too have a 3.0, but it doesn't present as nicely as yours does.

Dan

Does anyone have a guess as to what happened with this Hulk 1 on comicconnect?  http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=709673

It was up a few months ago and ended up going for $7-8k, if I recall properly.  Now it's back up with no indication that there was a previous sale.  I thought it was a really strong price, but maybe the buyer backed out?

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, Drummy said:

Merja01 --

You have been posting many great keys today!  I love this Hulk #1 in particular.  Good luck with your AF 15 sale as well -- I too have a 3.0, but it doesn't present as nicely as yours does.

Dan

Thanks. I decided to keep my AF 15. Id rather have the book then the money. Thought about upgrading but too expensive these days for a 4.0.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, mathlete said:

Does anyone have a guess as to what happened with this Hulk 1 on comicconnect?  http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=709673

It was up a few months ago and ended up going for $7-8k, if I recall properly.  Now it's back up with no indication that there was a previous sale.  I thought it was a really strong price, but maybe the buyer backed out?

And I remembered two hours too late that I wanted to bid on this.  Went for a great price imo.  :facepalm:

Well the Hulk 1 CGC 4.0 sold at ComicLink tonight for 12 250$.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dhulk%2B1%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1198592&id=1198592&itemType=0

And the Hulk 1 CGC 5.0 sold at ComicConnect this evening as well for16 533$.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=725781

Not much difference in price between the 2 grades.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:44 PM, Knightsofold said:

Having a verified stan lee sig is cool, but I wouldn't put it on a key book.  I would never buy one that's signed.  If the sig was rare maybe.

Agreed.  Stan's sig is as rare as a $1 bill.  No hate towards him, but most of the collectors out there really don't want sigs on a book.  Your book stands on it's own merits, not souped up because of a signature.  All IMO, of course.

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

Well the Hulk 1 CGC 4.0 sold at ComicLink tonight for 12 250$.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dhulk%2B1%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1198592&id=1198592&itemType=0

And the Hulk 1 CGC 5.0 sold at ComicConnect this evening as well for16 533$.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=725781

Not much difference in price between the 2 grades.

Well Page Quality may have come into play here. Also, looking at the BC scan of the 5.0, it had strong tanning on edges. IMO, the 4.0 looked better than the 5.0 .

3 hours ago, SC22 said:

Yeah, it would go well with bacon and eggs and a little butter!  :cloud9: