• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

does anyone know the history behind the hulk 1 graded at 8.0 (eastern file copy, married cover)

I remember in the late nineties that World's Finest Comics, run by Mark Wilson, sold the entire run of Hulk #1-6 with file copy covers married to interiors.

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Stronger than the CGC 8.5 that sold in Dec in CC. I know the buyer and he's excited about the book.

As I said last summer, Hulk #1 was looking oddly cheap compared to other big SA books like SC #4 and AF #15.

32 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Stronger than the CGC 8.5 that sold in Dec in CC. I know the buyer and he's excited about the book.

As I said last summer, Hulk #1 was looking oddly cheap compared to other big SA books like SC #4 and AF #15.

Imho the 2nd most interesting character behind spidey when it comes to silver age

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

I remember in the late nineties that World's Finest Comics, run by Mark Wilson, sold the entire run of Hulk #1-6 with file copy covers married to interiors.

Seems to have been discussed on the boards at one point

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573548&fpart=1

There's a difference between the fake Marvel 'file copies' that were stamped as such to deceive and sold by Fantazia and the married books made from unused Eastern Press covers and graded with green labels.

2 hours ago, namisgr said:

There's a difference between the fake Marvel 'file copies' that were stamped as such to deceive and sold by Fantazia and the married books made from unused Eastern Press covers and graded with green labels.

Bob, I bought that JIM #84 from the old thread and still have it (if it's the same one - it's literally the nicest copy I've ever seen in my life of one of the toughest books in the entire Marvel Age)

If you have any background info on that book I'd be happy to hear about it via PM.

13 hours ago, namisgr said:

good point, a concise summary of the previous discussion (thumbsu

I also found another thread, pretty interesting reading on this topic:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8629081&fpart=5

image.jpg

Edited by Spiderturtle

On March 19, 2017 at 1:21 AM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I really loved that 7.5, way to expensive for me to buy that.  Wish I had the cash.  I wasn't expecting the 8.5 to go for so much.  I just see so many H#1 being sold on auctions now.  People just cashing in or just a coincidence?  If I could only go back in time.

On March 1, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Spiderturtle said:

The 6.0 cl copy sure validates the above thoughts

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DHulk%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1171449&id=1171449

this 7.0 looks sharp,  already at $36,000

Edited by Spiderturtle