• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

You mean heritage?

lol

Yes. Heritage.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-vf-80-off-white-pages/p/7163-63001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Mixed it up with the 8.0 AF #15 in Clink.

20 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Nah I don't think so not yet anyway.....you can still buy a Hulk 1 cgc 7.0 and lower for much less than a AF15.  I purchased my Hulk 1 almost 2 years ago and it has not gone up in value at all over that time....it's a CGC 4.5. I still think we will see SC22 pick up a lot before we see Hulk 1 puck up a lot in value....to me those 2 books are in my opinion next after AF15's value increase. I would also include ASM 1.... I never thought I would say ASM 1 but with what has happened to AF15 it's the next best thing as far as Spidey goes. I was never a believer in ASM 1 but I think it's going to prove me wrong....and no I do not own a copy of ASM 1. I use to think ASM 1 would drop off the top 10 SA list but I believe now I was wrong in saying that....great book to own for sure!!

Hulk #1 CGC 4.5 Front.jpg

Hulk 1 CGC 4.5 Back Cover.JPG

Edited by SC22

44 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Hulk #1 was picking up steam well before the AF #15 sales on CC last month.

I posted this last September 2016 right after Clink sold a 9.0 for $275K and CC sold a 9.2 for $330K

On 2016-09-20 at 3:02 PM, VintageComics said:

Compared to SC #4 and AF #15 prices, Hulk #1 looks cheap in lower grades and IMO is due for a pop again as the higher grade prices trickle down to the lower grades.

All that's happening is people are realizing that Hulk #1 was due for an increase because everything else around it have been making the book look cheap. I'm guessing that and the Planet Hulk story line in the new Thor movie has sparked interest again.

I had a $55K offer from a customer on my 7.5 this past week. I turned it down because I think it's potentially a $70K book. He may have bought the Clink copy (I'll have to ask him).

That will probably all depend on where the Heritage 8.0 ends. We've had two 8.5 sales at $132 and $141K so I'm guessing the 8.0 ends up somewhere in the neighborhood of $100K.

18 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Hulk #1 was picking up steam well before the AF #15 sales on CC last month.

I posted this last September 2016 right after Clink sold a 9.0 for $275K and CC sold a 9.2 for $330K

All that's happening is people are realizing that Hulk #1 was due for an increase because everything else around it have been making the book look cheap. I'm guessing that and the Planet Hulk story line in the new Thor movie has sparked interest again.

I had a $55K offer from a customer on my 7.5 this past week. I turned it down because I think it's potentially a $70K book. He may have bought the Clink copy (I'll have to ask him).

That will probably all depend on where the Heritage 8.0 ends. We've had two 8.5 sales at $132 and $141K so I'm guessing the 8.0 ends up somewhere in the neighborhood of $100K.

Hulk smash!

1 hour ago, Knightsofold said:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=709673

How does a "incomplete" get a 1.5 and not a 0.5, or a qualified label.   

Confused.

It looks like it should have been a Qualified Green label. The book looks like it might grade a 1.5 otherwise.