• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Would love to see you join this club.  :wishluck:  Definitely one of the two big Marvels books for me as keepers. :hi:

SC-22 is 1st on my list then H1.  Yes, a DC book before a Marvel.

Actually, it was the Northland and nicely wrapped.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=3007&

Doug also had another copy in Megacon a few years ago that he wanted $175K from (which is where I remembered the number from). I think he sold it shortly afterward. This may have been around 2015 or so.

7 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Actually, it was the Northland and nicely wrapped.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=3007&

Doug also had another copy in Megacon a few years ago that he wanted $175K from (which is where I remembered the number from). I think he sold it shortly afterward. This may have been around 2015 or so.

You might like the wrap...but "arvel Comics" not my cup of tea.

You know what, you're right.

I was looking at the small pic and looking for a white stripe and didn't see it. I didn't initially notice it was wrapped to the back.

(thumbsu

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

You know what, you're right.

I was looking at the small pic and looking for a white stripe and didn't see it. I didn't initially notice it was wrapped to the back.

(thumbsu

Still a Northland Pedigree. (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

You might like the wrap...but "arvel Comics" not my cup of tea.

The E in Earth looks like a Latin letter or something. :wink:

2 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Totally. The green can be tough on the covers...not to mention dark and black covers.

My cousin picked up a beauty in the early 90s at the Atlanta con for 600 bucks. Keith Contarino was the seller. Nicest AV1 I ever held. I used to travel back home to see it periodically. We finally got it graded in late 2000s.  He offered it to me for 2200 before grading it. Dumb me passed on it. Graded 8.5 OW when CGC was tougher. He sold it for 6k I believe. Could get 3 times that now I suppose. Great book.

16 hours ago, Funnyslover said:

I see Hulk's 1 thru 6, unrestored but poor, are up on eBay in one lot. The current bid is 600. I must admit I am tempted. Thoughts on how high they might go ? Thanks. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-INCREDIBLE-HULK-1-through-6-/182584595254?hash=item2a82e3d336:g:DNEAAOSwaeRZIIq2

I'm eyeing that set too. The guy is in France. I see it going for over a grand easily.

Glad I got my IH # 1 when I did. Everyone thought it was a strong price back in December at 42k (and sure.. it was a bit..) but now.. with 7.5 going for 55k and 8.0 going for 70k, I'm perfectly fine I got in when I did. White pages too. :cloud9:

On 2017-05-20 at 1:23 AM, Aman619 said:

I remember a sale around 125, but seems like Avengers 1 has stalled in 9.9 and above for quite a while.

Which is odd in this movie influenced market. The Avengers are the center of the Marvel cinematic universe.

On 5/22/2017 at 8:12 PM, Timeless icons said:

Glad I got my IH # 1 when I did. Everyone thought it was a strong price back in December at 42k (and sure.. it was a bit..) but now.. with 7.5 going for 55k and 8.0 going for 70k, I'm perfectly fine I got in when I did. White pages too. :cloud9:

Good buy for sure!!

On 2017-05-22 at 8:12 PM, Timeless icons said:

and 8.0 going for 70k

8.0 on Heritage went for $90K