• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I believe Timeless was mentioning the 8.0 miswrap on that sold for 70K....of course during a pull back in H1 prices...until you pound the table to buy.:baiting:

Which copy was that for $70? I don't recall.

On 5/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, Dark Knight said:

Must've been a great presser.  Who did it if you don't mind me asking.

Wow, what a job! Nice book. Can I send my AF15 to him (lemme see...8.0 +  2.0 = 10.0 :idea:

1 hour ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Here it is before and after I cracked it. I also took pics of every page before I sent it in. 

Hulk 1 - Original 3.0 slab.jpg

DSCN1731.JPG

It looks like the exact same book, before and after the scan. I can see no visible improvements. IMO, the book looks great as a 3.0 but way overgraded as a 5.0 . IF this were in the PGM thread I would say 4.0 is about right. Sorry. 

40 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It looks like the exact same book, before and after the scan. I can see no visible improvements. IMO, the book looks great as a 3.0 but way overgraded as a 5.0 . IF this were in the PGM thread I would say 4.0 is about right. Sorry. 

The pics don't do it justice, it was ripe with bends and non-color breaking creases. But don't get me wrong. I agree. I thought it would come back a 4.0.... 
Doesn't matter much to me though. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. 

4 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

It was a bit softer than than the exchange sale last year, but still a great copy.

Based on the serial#, its the same book on the CLink homepage that claims it was sold for $275,000 on 8/17/2016 (it is also featured in the CLink calendar in May with that same serial# and text)

$45K lower in less than a year is truly a bit softer. Agree its a beautiful copy.

-bc