• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, mathlete said:

Does anyone have a guess as to what happened with this Hulk 1 on comicconnect?  http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=709673

It was up a few months ago and ended up going for $7-8k, if I recall properly.  Now it's back up with no indication that there was a previous sale.  I thought it was a really strong price, but maybe the buyer backed out?

Looks like someone had buyers remorse and backed out so it was relisted.  Sold for much less than $7-$8K this time around.  

Bid History: Sold For
$4,615 

38 Bids 

End Time: 7:08 PM EDT
Wednesday 9/13/2017
Comments: Off-White to White pages, Coupon missing from 12th page, does NOT affect story. Incomplete
Kirby cvr/art; origin & 1st app. Hulk, Rick Jones, Betty Ross, & General Ross; one of the top five Marvel keys!!

5 hours ago, jeranimal said:

Looks like someone had buyers remorse and backed out so it was relisted.  Sold for much less than $7-$8K this time around.  

Bid History: Sold For
$4,615 

38 Bids 

End Time: 7:08 PM EDT
Wednesday 9/13/2017
Comments: Off-White to White pages, Coupon missing from 12th page, does NOT affect story. Incomplete
Kirby cvr/art; origin & 1st app. Hulk, Rick Jones, Betty Ross, & General Ross; one of the top five Marvel keys!!

Yeah, and in a complete brain fart, I forgot to bid until a couple hours after it ended.  The person that got it is on the boards here - lucky pickup!  I will continue looking for a copy under $5k...

1 hour ago, spidyfan06 said:

ComicConnect sold a 7.0 on 9/13/2017 for $57K

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=663477

thats close to double what GPA has on this book in that grade. what gives? does CC also not report to gpa?? also makes no sense why the same or better book would sell a month later for 20k less. 

1 hour ago, spidyfan06 said:

where are you getting it sold ?

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. -> Doesn't mean it sold.

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:
6 hours ago, SECollector said:

OK, wow. Who is that seller? Nine Hulk 1s, 4 X-Men 1s, 4 Avengers 1s and a load of other keys. 

yes whose booth is this? amazing!

GAtor/Filter81.

Edited by Gotham Kid

I got my Hulk #1 registered this year and received a 3.0.  I was also able to get Stan Lee to sign it at the same time.  Do you guys think this book is better with his autograph or without??  This is unfortunately the best pic I have at the moment.  i will try to upload a better one later on. 

IMG_1005.jpg

38 minutes ago, Bigdaddybench said:

I got my Hulk #1 registered this year and received a 3.0.  I was also able to get Stan Lee to sign it at the same time.  Do you guys think this book is better with his autograph or without??  This is unfortunately the best pic I have at the moment.  i will try to upload a better one later on. 

IMG_1005.jpg

Very nice book! Congrats (thumbsu

About the signature, as long as you like it thats all it matters. Some people like sigs on big books, others despise them. 

What is the current market value for a CGC 4.5 with no MC? I see this one on ComicLink seems to have been there for years was at 13 000$ then a offer of 14 000$ came in about 2 months ago.

It seems like Hulk 1 in this grade range has not increased at all over the last 2 years.....maybe I am wrong?

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dhulk%2B1%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1085856

On 10/18/2017 at 7:53 PM, Zacreth said:

Hehe... here's a better shot of Filter's booth. Sorry I tried not to drool...

20171006_113600_zpsstjdnzj2.jpg

choice architecture tells us that people buy more stuff when it's at eye level. i'd have put the hulk 1s on the top row and maybe the xmen 1s also, if i wanted to sell them. either way, an insane wall of phenomenal books!