• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

It went for just short of $22K. What is the going rate for a 5.5? Yeah, it did look a lot better but at the end of the day CGC says it’s a 5.5. Did the seller get any bump from it’s appearance? 

It was “pimped” heavily. Is that why it looked “fishy”? 

What was the price listed here before the sale here was closed?

It was listed here for around $45k. It was then pulled. It was also recently graded, late October.  It was pushed heavily for sure which is fine but why not resubmit yourself if it looks like a 7.5?  I don’t know, maybe someone got a steal and it will get a higher grade.  I’ve learned to trust my gut over the years and it said stay away. 

I’m always worried someone could switch out a restored comic and reseal the slab. I’ve cracked some slabs before and they opened so clean, no cracks or breaks at all and I could have easily resealed it. I’m talking new ones too. 

Edited by Gruson

Just now, c_mkv said:

How is that book only a 5.5??? It looked alot better than the grade. Especially considering a 4.5 with minor chipping sold ofr $16k the day before the 5.5? I love white pages but there should've been more than $6k between them. 

I know. It looks incredible for a 5.5.  I would love to know who bought it and see what happens with it. 

3 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Updating my copy.  When I tilted the slab, I could see a curling of the spine.  Also, some NCB creases on the cover.  I sent it to CCS and CCG and got it back today.  I was hoping for a 5.5 but, I think edge wear kept the grade down.  Anyhow, the above defects were fixed to my satisfaction. 

Grader Notes:
multiple crease front cover breaks color
small chip out right top of front cover
wear all edges cover breaks color

hulk 5.0 new pics 006.JPG

nice book and smart press.

What the how did we :censored: miss this :pullhair: I am stunned. Wonder if the buyer was from the boards?

The seller is :screwy: or this is a late April fools joke please tell me it's a joke right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-1-CGC-3-0-Graded-Comic-Book-Make-OFFER-/303367868404?hash=item46a2224ff4%3Ag%3AuiwAAOSwvqhd0dbz&nma=true&si=MGCi63fcXrnisGyJ9SmDH47GVgI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

13 minutes ago, topcat54 said:

What the how did we :censored: miss this :pullhair: I am stunned. Wonder if the buyer was from the boards?

The seller is :screwy: or this is a late April fools joke please tell me it's a joke right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-1-CGC-3-0-Graded-Comic-Book-Make-OFFER-/303367868404?hash=item46a2224ff4%3Ag%3AuiwAAOSwvqhd0dbz&nma=true&si=MGCi63fcXrnisGyJ9SmDH47GVgI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

You aren't serious right?:eyeroll:

You do realize that's not a real sale and a scam bot.  Happens quite often ebay

Edited by GAMBIT