• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anti CGC

246 posts in this topic

If I had known this was a pudding thread, I'd have visited hours ago. Love me some pudding. :cloud9:

Bread pudding beats banana pudding any day of the week... whiskey sauce. :cloud9:

Too verbose!!!

Edited version:

whiskey :cloud9:

I hate banana pudding. Does anyone hate banana pudding as much as I do? I hate how banana pudding has tarnished the reputation of good pudding, like chocolate, or even tapioca.

Banana pudding :sick: This is going to keep me awake at night I'm so sickened

you just don't know what you are missing... "real" banana pudding, not that store bought pre made

There are some soul food places in Harlem that make unreal banana pudding. I haven't had it in several years... and you guys are making me crave some now. :mad:

I went to publix this morning...

got pudding mix, bananas, whip cream, nilla wafers

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some soul food places in Harlem that make unreal banana pudding. I haven't had it in several years... and you guys are making me crave some now. :mad:

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to play you in Chicago again when you're full of banana pudding.

:grin:

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my glory days might have passed me by...

last night, bottom of the 7th, man on first, 2 outs, down 7-6 and I drive the ball to deep center...fielder does an over the should catch at the fence... game over, we lose, I fail.... :cry:

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night, bottom of the 7th, man on first, 2 outs, down 7-6 and I drive the ball to deep center...fielder does an over the should catch at the fence... game over, we lose, I fail.... :cry:

You hit the ball square and the OF had to do a Willie Mays to catch it. No "fail" there

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You hit the ball square and the OF had to do a Willie Mays to catch it. No "fail" there

I could have just lined the ball for a single, but I wanted to win it... my "fail" for not getting enough of it...

Hello to all my fellow collectors! I want to know if there is anyone out there that hates CGC as much as I do. It disgusts me that CGC has taken over my hobby. I refuse to pay thousands of dollars over what a comic is worth just so I can get some plastic over my comic and a 9.4 or 9.6 grade. I think this is ridiculous. Comics were meant to be read or at least looked inside. I have at least looked inside ALL my comics even the very expensive ones because that was the intention. Slabbing baseball cards and coins is a good thing. I wouldnt have it any other way but thats because they only have a front and back. Comics were not meant to be slabbed. As a matter of fact, where I live, in the DC, MD, VA area at the small conventions, nobody has CGC books for sale. Even when I go to the bigger cons like Baltimore comic con, most people have raw books. And when I talk to the dealers, most of them say they hate CGC. I dont even think their grading is that great. Everybody has seen that Action 1 with the big chunk missing and they graded it a 2.5 when it should have been graded a fair. And yes I do have some CGC books, about 10 and some I disagree with the grade. I have these books because I intend to sell them in the near future but it would have been nice if I could have seen the inside. Most of the time when I buy a CGC book, I open it because the stupid plastic annoys me. I just dont get it. I wish CGC would just go away!!!!!!!!!!

Let's all welcome Greg White to the Boards. :applause:

Just like reading a market report from Greg circa 2001 + or - lol

Guys I just want you to know that I breathe, eat, and sleep comics.

Whoa! Better than a comic book tree in your back yard. Can you please exhale me a high grade Our Army at War 83? :wishluck:

Hello to all my fellow collectors! I want to know if there is anyone out there that hates CGC as much as I do. It disgusts me that CGC has taken over my hobby. I refuse to pay thousands of dollars over what a comic is worth just so I can get some plastic over my comic and a 9.4 or 9.6 grade. I think this is ridiculous. Comics were meant to be read or at least looked inside. I have at least looked inside ALL my comics even the very expensive ones because that was the intention. Slabbing baseball cards and coins is a good thing. I wouldnt have it any other way but thats because they only have a front and back. Comics were not meant to be slabbed. As a matter of fact, where I live, in the DC, MD, VA area at the small conventions, nobody has CGC books for sale. Even when I go to the bigger cons like Baltimore comic con, most people have raw books. And when I talk to the dealers, most of them say they hate CGC. I dont even think their grading is that great. Everybody has seen that Action 1 with the big chunk missing and they graded it a 2.5 when it should have been graded a fair. And yes I do have some CGC books, about 10 and some I disagree with the grade. I have these books because I intend to sell them in the near future but it would have been nice if I could have seen the inside. Most of the time when I buy a CGC book, I open it because the stupid plastic annoys me. I just dont get it. I wish CGC would just go away!!!!!!!!!!

I'm calling wildly_fanciful_statement, or a shill.

I go to every show in the DC area, and there are always slabs for sale. Do I know you?

Translation: "I have no life". :baiting::slapfight::grin:

If I had known this was a pudding thread, I'd have visited hours ago. Love me some pudding. :cloud9:

Bread pudding beats banana pudding any day of the week... whiskey sauce. :cloud9:

only a dork would say that doh!

:hi:

Claim Jumper break pudding is a tasty morsel. :cloud9:

^^

I see I'm in fine company. (thumbs u

Where do we sign up for the bread pudding club? :hi:

dorkus maximus

Oh and I call bs on your post...anyone with even an ounce of intelligence or ability to make casual observations know that cgc has done more for our hobby than any other single entity in the past 10 years ... Sure you are entitled to your opinion about cgc, no problem there...but not sure there are too many that would support your pov

Sure, for the dealer or flipper, but not necessarily for the collector.