• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

I think that is a recent all time low. ComicLink sold a 9.4 for $275,000 in 2014. Of course there were sales in 9.4 in the interim, just too lazy to look up results. None of them under 200K I believe. Far from it.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I think that is a recent all time low. ComicLink sold a 9.4 for $275,000 in 2014. Of course there were sales in 9.4 in the interim, just too lazy to look up results.

You are right it surprised me how low it went.

2 minutes ago, bc said:

Finally got a ticket to the club!

jim_83_cropped.jpg

It was the only Marvel in a 28 gallon rubbermaid container of 300+ comics that was gifted to me by a coworker. Rest is DC and Dell from the same period, mostly lower grade OO collection.

-bc

awesome story and book!  congrats!

15 hours ago, bc said:

Finally got a ticket to the club!

jim_83_cropped.jpg

It was the only Marvel in a 28 gallon rubbermaid container of 300+ comics that was gifted to me by a coworker. Rest is DC and Dell from the same period, mostly lower grade OO collection.

-bc

I wish I got gifts like that from my colleagues! :|

Congrats!

3 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i'm back in the club now thanks to bob storms. this is the best 5.0 i've ever seen. the back has a slight water stain, that must be the reason. looks more like a 6.5 to me otherwise. i'm super happy to have this book in my collection! 

JIM83-cgc-5.0-front.jpg

Congrats Alex!  It’s beautiful:luhv:

3 hours ago, Drummy said:

That is a super-sweet VG/F...congrats!  Eye appeal is where it's at.

I just realized, too, that I never posted my ticket to this club, although a few people commented on it while it was on Comiclink.  The staining/loss of color in the ULC sucks, but the rest of the book is brilliant in hand -- the colors are clean and vibrant and the centering/registration is near perfect.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Journey Into Mystery 83 5.5.jpg

it really is a beauty! well done! i love your copy too-

7 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i'm back in the club now thanks to bob storms. this is the best 5.0 i've ever seen. the back has a slight water stain, that must be the reason. looks more like a 6.5 to me otherwise. i'm super happy to have this book in my collection! 

JIM83-cgc-5.0-front.jpg

Congrats Alex! Thats a really sweet book. (thumbsu