• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

995 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

sweet 9.0 just listed on ComicLink

RAD1834A2019413_152220.jpg

If ever I go back to SA, this one would be the first book I'd buy and in same grade.

Why don't you :baiting: I need less competition acquiring pre-robin Tecs :p

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

:sorry:

:foryou:

More like :frustrated:  When I first started going for pre-robin Tecs, I had to go up against some heavy hitters: Gator, 1koko, campued1010, Showcase-4, just to name a few..  Now I have to go up against another set of collectors :cry:  But it's all in good fun (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

sweet 9.0 just listed on ComicLink

RAD1834A2019413_152220.jpg

If ever I go back to SA, this one would be the first book I'd buy and in same grade.

This same copy has been up on eBay for over a year, at $100K as opposed to the $108K price tag on ComicLink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133015899511

It was purchased from Bob Storms for under $70K in March 2018, and immediately listed at a 50% uptick.  This is a classic example of the practice of overpricing books in the hopes that a sufficiently motivated buyer will go nuts and set a new level for the market.  Books like this sit for months, or even years, if need be.

5 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This same copy has been up on eBay for over a year, at $100K as opposed to the $108K price tag on ComicLink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133015899511

It was purchased from Bob Storms for under $70K in March 2018, and immediately listed at a 50% uptick.  This is a classic example of the practice of overpricing books in the hopes that a sufficiently motivated buyer will go nuts and set a new level for the market.  Books like this sit for months, or even years, if need be.

Wow ! Good to know.

A book like this I would only buy at auction. 70-75K sounds about right for a 9.0 copy in 2019 but I don't follow the SA market all that much anymore.

I will keep the book under watch out of curiosity.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I had to go up against some heavy hitters: Gator, 1koko, campued1010, Showcase-4

I regret not having picked up some of Andre's books when he sold off his collection :tonofbricks: Certainly would have had them cheaper than by today's prices.

Edited by Gotham Kid