• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2017 at 4:44 AM, SC22 said:

Well this CGC 8.0 White Pages sold for 30 555$.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=712862

That is a lot of money considering the last CGC 8.0 with white pages sold for 22 105$ on ComicLink:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Djourney%2Binto%2Bmystery%2B83%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1171201

A few posts back I mentioned if I wouldn't win the Tec 29 that I'd go after the JIM. I see now I'm glad I didn't as it ended strong.

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

A few posts back I mentioned if I wouldn't win the Tec 29 that I'd go after the JIM. I see now I'm glad I didn't as it ended strong.

I would prefer TEC29 any day of the week!!

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I am officially in the club now.

P1130414.JPG

Nice presentation! I'm on the lookout for a copy in the 3.5 to 5.0 range, so if you guys see anything at prices close to GPA (not +20%) please pm me. :wishluck:

I will confess, I sold my entire collection of 850 plus books on wednesday. I kept my JIM and Thor which is about 125 books. I bought most off the stands but my early JIM I paid such prices as 5-12 bucks a book and they aren't in great condition. None are slabbed and I don't have an '83 since it cost about 40 dollars at the time. 

But I do start at 84 and feeling free of the pressure of the sale, I started re reading these things today. It's great . Right off, Thor fights south american commies.  They call them "Reds" . Three issues later, he's got Jane Foster dreaming of taking care of Thor. She imagines cutting his hair, ironing his cape and ... polishing his hammer... ( and it was still approved by the CCA) thor fools Loki with a plastic version of himself. 

It's really nice to have these things as raw, not in great shape comparatively so I can just lean back  and read them and 'marvel" over the innocence these things once had.  I love seeing all these covers you are all putting out there. . They look way better than mine. My boy looks forward to the down payment on the house generated by the sale, and the eventual ownership of all this Norse Stuff. 

I still own my AF15 but I think Blazingbob will make short order of that. 

Thanks everyone. 

Thanks guys! It isn't as nice as many of the other beauties in this thread but for me it's perfect and definitely a keeper! Now off for a nice Avengers 1 - as always a collector enjoys what he has for about two seconds and then thinks about the next one, lol.

3 hours ago, SECollector said:

Thanks guys! It isn't as nice as many of the other beauties in this thread but for me it's perfect and definitely a keeper! Now off for a nice Avengers 1 - as always a collector enjoys what he has for about two seconds and then thinks about the next one, lol.

That about sums it up in most cases.

7 hours ago, SECollector said:

So true!