• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, SC22 said:

The JIM 83 CGC 6.0 sold tonight at ComiConnect for 7100$ but has that front damage that is not very appealing at all.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=733962

That damage on the front is way too distracting in my opinion, for a copy that is graded as FN. I would expect a much higher price for a better presenting 6.0 (or one that had the same damage on the BC) and / or one with a better PQ.

6 hours ago, SECollector said:

That damage on the front is way too distracting in my opinion, for a copy that is graded as FN. I would expect a much higher price for a better presenting 6.0 (or one that had the same damage on the BC) and / or one with a better PQ.

that 6.0 is kind of a tragic book-- the rest of it is so clean, it looks like an 8 at least. i thought about bidding but that crunch just held me back. i'm trying to upgrade my 4.0...

Good looking raw book. Congrats.  

8.0 looks very clean.  I wouldn't pay $25k for it.  There was a 8.5 for sale on eBay for $23,000 with white pages I was negotiating with for a lower price and they then supposedly sold it.  Hasn't popped up anywhere.  I would pay no more than $20k for this book. 

5 hours ago, Agent 007 said:

There was a 8.5 for sale on eBay for $23,000 with white pages

Really ? Is that the going price for an 8.5 ? I would think it would be higher, maybe 30K.

That would be my preferred grade.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/11/2017 at 10:28 PM, Agent 007 said:

Good looking raw book. Congrats.  

8.0 looks very clean.  I wouldn't pay $25k for it.  There was a 8.5 for sale on eBay for $23,000 with white pages I was negotiating with for a lower price and they then supposedly sold it.  Hasn't popped up anywhere.  I would pay no more than $20k for this book. 

If someone bought an 8.5 for $23K then they got a steal.

Edited by VintageComics