• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

995 posts in this topic

Here is mine.  I have another thread in the general section on this book as I was wondering if the blue label notation of "small piece out of margin of last page" hurts the value of the book even though this defect was accounted for in assigining this book a 7.0 grade.  It would probably have been an 8.0 to 8.5 without that interior defect in the page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!! 

JOURNEY_INTO_MYSTERY_83_CGC_7_0_OW_WH_PAGES_2.jpg

54 minutes ago, jeffreyk said:

Here is mine.  I have another thread in the general section on this book as I was wondering if the blue label notation of "small piece out of margin of last page" hurts the value of the book even though this defect was accounted for in assigining this book a 7.0 grade.  It would probably have been an 8.0 to 8.5 without that interior defect in the page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!! 

if i were in the market for a 7.0, this book would be high on my list since it presents so well. the notation about the small missing piece wouldn't bother me. i suppose some folks thinking of trying to get a re-grade bump might pass, but it's a gorgeous 7.0 and many collectors would desire it. 

2 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

if i were in the market for a 7.0, this book would be high on my list since it presents so well. the notation about the small missing piece wouldn't bother me. i suppose some folks thinking of trying to get a re-grade bump might pass, but it's a gorgeous 7.0 and many collectors would desire it. 

Thanks for the compliment.  It is a beautiful book.  I thought about the notation on the label when I bought it but the presentation of the book was so nice that I had to have it!

4 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

This is exactly the type of book I always want.ed as a collector. High eye appeal for the grade.

5 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

Any thoughts?

Thanks!! 

That might be the Sid's Luncheonette copy hm ...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

8 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

Its a very nice looking 7.0 - looks nicer than a 7.0 in my eyes. What does exactly "piece out of margin" mean? Is it missing? Obviously it doesn't affect story, otherwise it would be noted. 

11 hours ago, SECollector said:

Its a very nice looking 7.0 - looks nicer than a 7.0 in my eyes. What does exactly "piece out of margin" mean? Is it missing? Obviously it doesn't affect story, otherwise it would be noted. 

The graders noted only stated:  "Interior Piece Out".  Thank you for the compliment on the book!!