• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A how-to for building a dealer display rack out of PVC

75 posts in this topic

Great Job!

One thing though, how far back does it extend?

Ideally, you'd have a footprint of 2' x 4' or 2' x 6' since you want to maximize booth space (10x10)

Geez.... Posting via iPhone :frustrated:

Looks like you put a lot of work into that and the instructions.

Are you planning on selling it as a kit?

What are the main advantages of it vs. the the other ones we have seen.

Is it more compact, lighter weight, less expensive?

No - I figured that if I put the instructions online, people could build the rack for themselves. All the pieces I've used can easily be found at your local hardware superstore.

I've owned a number of different racks over the years, and the main advantages of this one is that it's relatively light-weight, it's easy to carry, it can be set up by one person, and it's cheap to build.

I've seen some very slick aluminum racks that I'd love to have - but as I don't sell comics for a living, spending $300-400 on a single 4' wide rack section just wasn't an option.

Very nice! I can vouch for the light weight of the design and the ease of assembling his previous setup, and this one seems to improve on it. It destroys most of the setups I've seen in that regard. Gridwall is crazy heavy and pegboard is completely unwieldy. Also, there's no need for measurements/etc when you assemble at a show unlike others. It is also an aesthetically pleasing design for shoppers.

Remind them NOT to paint it!

How much for one of those made and delivered to my house? I'm serious - that's just what I need, and I don't have the time (or the basic skillset) to make one. Give me a price and we can go from there.

This is ideal for comic promoters.... and ties into my idea of having convention promoters offer RACK RENTALS as part of the dealer application.

Many people selling their personal collections won't have a decent rack. If they could just rent one at the same time as paying for a table/booth, it'd be a no-brainer and would bring more revenue to the promoter/producer.

This would have the incentive of encouraging people to sell their comics at a convention (big, small, or regional).

They would also have the option of buying a rack, of course.

(So mass producing these after ironing out some design changes would be great.)

Possible Design changes:

Smaller Footprint?

String to hold comics from falling off?

Holders for booth signs above rack? (PVC slots along the top where you could drop in a banner rig?)

Definately need to incorporate the strings running horizontally so that your mylars or slabs don't tip over when greggy hip-checks your wall display. :sumo:

Michael does have those on the display he had before this one, so I'm sure he would've added them if he didn't have them on there already. With the length of the post and the info included I'd bet that it just slipped his mind.