• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,257 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to Golden Age stuff in general (within the past 5 years I have really tried to grown my knowledge) and while I feel I have a slight handle on superhero, horror and sci fi stuff, I am kinda clueless when it comes to Westerns. I was wondering if anyone here who is a diehard Western collector might shoot me a message as I am going to be looking at a collection in the coming week. Lady says she has a bunch of 10 cent stuff and I just want to know what to look for or even if I don't end up buying, extend the olive branch to someone who is genuinely interested. For me, I go based of covers a lot of the time with Western stuff...if I like it, I will buy it but I do not have much at all in the personal collection. 

Anyway, I will likely do a post once I see this collection and go from there but wanted to message here in case anyone can give me some ideas heading in of stuff to go for and stuff to just avoid. 

10 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to Golden Age stuff in general (within the past 5 years I have really tried to grown my knowledge) and while I feel I have a slight handle on superhero, horror and sci fi stuff, I am kinda clueless when it comes to Westerns. I was wondering if anyone here who is a diehard Western collector might shoot me a message as I am going to be looking at a collection in the coming week. Lady says she has a bunch of 10 cent stuff and I just want to know what to look for or even if I don't end up buying, extend the olive branch to someone who is genuinely interested. For me, I go based of covers a lot of the time with Western stuff...if I like it, I will buy it but I do not have much at all in the personal collection. 

Anyway, I will likely do a post once I see this collection and go from there but wanted to message here in case anyone can give me some ideas heading in of stuff to go for and stuff to just avoid. 

Westerns have been on a downward plunge for a long time.  It is tough to put a price on GA westerns anymore.  If it might be highest grades of a key issue it might be worth something.  Common books in low grade would be difficult to move.