• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mail call today. Listed as the last GA issue of this title. I have never seen this grey tone cover before. (and I collect them). Not listed in the guide either.

It's a beaut, that's for sure. 

You edged me out on that one. I think I was involved in a light-hearted side chat and just missed. Second place sucks...  :sorry:

At least it found a loving home. :cloud9:

p.s. It's funny they list it as the last golden age issue. I don't consider anything with a CCA stamp GA (unlike my friend from years ago that considered anything with a ten-cent cover price "gold." "You mean FF 1 is a GA book?" I would ask him!).

Edited by PopKulture

Sorry about that Pop. I know I missed a few I would have wanted too. Either too slow or just wasn’t on when they came on. 

I don’t need a whole lot more war books and I seldom buy many westerns. But this was an interesting mix at great prices. 

This might be the only DC western I have. I am a sucker for grey tone covers and had never seen this one. Looks better than the post and I’m glad to have scored it!

On 8/8/2020 at 7:06 PM, damonwad said:

My odd western observance of the day: Matt Baker used a different style signature on all three covers of Western Bandit Trails.

2111333068_WesternBanditTrails1(Bakersig).JPG.5c36333d0b0faa3d8571f656f59fc839.JPG419565830_WesternBanditTrails2(Bakersig).JPG.477c866eff1010c7a4e624b71506339e.JPG1186639781_WesternBanditTrails3(Bakersig).JPG.7699493829529d6a00c1013fd45cc242.JPG

I noticed that for Fight Comics #43 as well. Manages to share some consistency, but also distinction.

vjgYMgz.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro

I dont normally buy Westerns but found this in a cheapy box and thought looks like a shootout is about to happen, Stan Lee, Ayers, and a Jack Kirby cover...ok sign me up.

But I do have a question is this a Atlas book or Marvel? Mycomicshop.com says Atlas/Marvel.

Spoiler

Also if you need or want this for filler to your run or collection PM me. I will just read it and do nothing with it. Maybe a "beater" trade! haha

Scan 2020-10-31 23.06.35.jpg

My rule of thumb is pre-implosion; Atlas, post-implosion; Marvel. I understand that there was a lot of Atlas material published after, but there it is, clear and easy.
Kirby art removes any question. It’s Marvel!

Edited by KirbyJack