• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I really held off on starting this thread,and not sure if this is the right place for it,but it needed to be said.

And i'm sure i will hear a ton off grief over this...so be it,i gave him a chance to come clean to me.

I need to say this.

I'm really sad to see stuff like this going on in the forum sales area,especially when it's tied to a book i sold here on the boards with full disclosure as PRESSED and sold as a CGC graded 8.5.

Now the book,"RAW" was being offered as a 9.2,no mention of it being previously slabbed,pressed,and now with a "cleaned" back cover.

We are suppose to be a "community" here,and weed out the stuff that we all try so hard to avoid thru other venue's like Ebay scammers...stuff like this is no better than sellers on Ebay like the "makemeanofferandwin,aram321,ect.." guy.

I'm sorry if this thread upsets anyone,but i gave the seller full opportunity to come clean to me when i confronted him earlier today about it.

Instead he back peddled,and told me the book had sold this morning,even tho it was still listed as being available 'till this afternoon,even when the thread closed.

We were originally trying to come to an agreement on me buying it last night,until i realized it was my old book,and called him out on it this morning.

I recieved several PM's today from other board members,asking me if that book was the same one i sold..my reply was yes..

I have the original scans as well.

Same staple placement,same top right ding,top left color flake,back cover crease(just with-out the "dirty" look),back cover top and bottom spine ding,ect..ect..ect.

SAME BOOK.

I have no problem with a seller cracking a slab,selling it "raw" after the fact,but when you crack a slab that the book has been sold as pressed,and cgc graded,and offer it at a MUCH HIGHER GRADE,no disclosure of pressing,nor the obvious CLEANING done to the back,even if it was dry clean,it's just wrong here on the boards.

Here are my original sales thread link and the link for the sale that ended today:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3887119&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3948965#Post3948965.

:applause:

You did the right thing coming forward... we need more people like you and less like the seller.

I was thinking of giving Muscleshark a second chance despite the fact that he continuously bumps his own "for sale" threads and got a strike the first week he came to the boards for his "Inappropriate, vulgar posts" ... but now I'm glad I didn't.

You did the right thing coming forward... we need more people like you and less like the seller.

I was thinking of giving Muscleshark a second chance despite the fact that he continuously bumps his own "for sale" threads and got a strike the first week he came to the boards for his "Inappropriate, vulgar posts" ... but now I'm glad I didn't.

Muscleshark is Franky?

Muscleshark is Franky?

Yeah, I didn't get that part.

Muscleshark is Franky?

Yeah, I didn't get that part.

It's MUSCLESHARK.

Thats a shame, I saw that the other night and was debating it at the time, I am so glad I did not go for it. I guess I am going to stay away from buying raw off the boards unless they are cheap books

Or from reputable sellers. There's at least half a dozen GA guys on these boards (and at least one GA gal, too) from whom I'd buy a raw book based only on their representations.

That said, cracking an 8.5 and then trying to sell it as a 9.2 isn't kosher. A new member of the probation list perhaps?