• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

...and there it is.

As always it seems Frankenstein's Monster isn't very popular with the locals.

:signfunny::roflmao:

How come after your lengthy (poorly written) response, the only thing you've done is post a few gifs and funny faces? Nothing else to say about the matter? I stand on the fence with this and actually hope for you to clear this up as you seem like a cool guy and all that - however it's clearly the same book. I mean your passionate response was...we'll... dishonest... am I wrong? Are we wrong?

I'm glad I wasn't the only person that noticed this.

You need to get a life, I don't answer to you...you wanted to buy a book from me, you didn't pull the trigger, I sold the book early this morning. In my humble opinion sounds like sour grapes to me on your part. I do however want to respond to the rest of the members on here interested in hearing the truth, not some one sided conspiracy theory . I have sold.... I am certain more copies of Avengers #57 over the last 37 years Kryto has, no dought many, many more . This is not the same copy....period !

Can't believe you said that with a straight face. Jesus, how stupid can you get :screwy:

i can't believe no ones correcting his spelling lol

dought = doubt

It's just a typo, the G is just above a B on a keyboard

"h" (shrug)

Go Sparks!

You need to get a life, I don't answer to you...you wanted to buy a book from me, you didn't pull the trigger, I sold the book early this morning. In my humble opinion sounds like sour grapes to me on your part. I do however want to respond to the rest of the members on here interested in hearing the truth, not some one sided conspiracy theory . I have sold.... I am certain more copies of Avengers #57 over the last 37 years Kryto has, no dought many, many more . This is not the same copy....period !

Can't believe you said that with a straight face. Jesus, how stupid can you get :screwy:

i can't believe no ones correcting his spelling lol

dought = doubt

It's just a typo, the G is just above a B on a keyboard

"h" (shrug)

next to G :gossip:

oj i wee :kidaround:

...and there it is.

As always it seems Frankenstein's Monster isn't very popular with the locals.

:signfunny::roflmao:

How come after your lengthy (poorly written) response, the only thing you've done is post a few gifs and funny faces? Nothing else to say about the matter? I stand on the fence with this and actually hope for you to clear this up as you seem like a cool guy and all that - however it's clearly the same book. I mean your passionate response was...we'll... dishonest... am I wrong? Are we wrong?

I'm glad I wasn't the only person that noticed this.

I think he has backed himself into a corner with his argument and has nowhere to go

In all honesty the last thing I'd be curious about in this thread is what happened to the back of that book and how it was done.

I would tend to believe it's scanner manipulation,just a guess (shrug)

In all honesty the last thing I'd be curious about in this thread is what happened to the back of that book and how it was done.

...i am going to go with some sort of "tone effect" thru photoshop or such...even if the "dirt or rub" was removed,the book was not that white.It had CR-OW pages.

ahahhahahh mschmidt....you are joke !!! :screwy:

What exactly do you see in your world? In almost everyones elses world this is the exact same book. The marks are the same everything is the same, and yet somehow you think there is enough fools to buy this. This is amazing that you are still in denial.

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

As far as disclosing pressing. I don't really prefer pressed books . However, some people say its ok some say its not. This issue is like trying to bring peace to the middle east . So I am not going there

I am not an expert in the area of Avengers #57 but I will say it does look like the same book to me .

I'm not trying to enflame the situation I am just asking?

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

Just a $500 difference, that's all

As far as disclosing pressing. I don't really prefer pressed books . However, some people say its ok some say its not. This issue is like trying to bring peace to the middle east . So I am not going there

I am not an expert in the area of Avengers #57 but I will say it does look like the same book to me .

Well if he actually went with this defense he may of had some people in his corner, but he decided to go with the no it is a different book route. At this point whether this is a 9.2 or an 8.5 is no longer the issue.

You're missing the whole point....

Bought as a CGC 8.5 from me here on the boards,already pressed,and disclosed as such.

Now being offered as a 9.2 RAW,no mention of anything,and disputing the fact thats it the book I sold him,and a WHITE back cover that was splotched and not WHITE...

Make more sense?

I slabbed the book,i can tell you exactly what the graders notes were...8.5/8.5/8.5

heres a quick pm convo between frank and I, im not trying to sling more poop here, just trying to help get this resolved one way or another

so if anyone wants to do an ebay search...

frankenstien

I realize they look very much alike, however I did sell the other copy and mailed it out today to a customer on ebay. I don't care what these guys think...they have it in for me because of a hassle I had with MCmiles....part of their "south florida posse"

ahahhahah

whatever,

Thanks Buddy,

Best,

Frank

me

you should post a link to the ebay auction then.

cause considering whats going on in that thread

you wont be able to sell here anymore otherwise

mark

frankenstein

HI Mark.........

After this nonsense....I don't want to sell here anymore buddy.

This is ridiculous,

I just don't have time for it...

best,

Frank

me

fair enough man

but if i were you..i'd hate being called a liar if i could prove that i was'nt

frankenstein

I don't think I understand your logic...I don't have the book anymore?

best,

Frank

me

if u link the ended auction on ebay of kryptos book,

it would prove that ur not dishonest and put alotta egg on alotta boardies faces

post the t# on it

and the raw copy with a date..you win

frankenstein

I get it.

Mark,

I sent emails out days ago to several guys that buy a lot of books from me....about 9:00 am one of them called me( long time customer ) and took the book. I didn't have the thread closed because I forgot to close it. Also I posted that the thread closed in about 60 minutes?

me

hey im not judgeing or criticizing

just trying to help clear ur name

mark

frankenstein

I know that, I appreciate it....I just don't see any real way to clear my name unless the guy that bought it goes on and says " hey, I bought it early this morning"

best,

Frank

me

well u sold kryptos copy via ebay

post the link to that that sale and ur good ...

a couple of random points

we all know grading is subjective, it is just a number, afterall..if indeed the back cover has been cleaned, and maybe even pressed again, it "could" be a 9.2, right (at least in some folks eyes, folks know I can't grade worth a squat over a 9.0 lol )

and, unfortunately, not everyone believes in disclosing pressing, to them, it is what it is and supposedly is not a big deal, so if they don't believe in disclosing it, to them, there is nothing wrong (now, if someone asked them if it was pressed, and they denied it, then I think we have problem ethically)... would be nice if folks do, but there is no way to force it, so one should ask if they are worried about it, right?

so one camp would consider this "dishonest" but the other side of the lake is probably perfectly ok with it (shrug) ...

Yeah - I've had a couple of my raw 9.0s show up as 9.2/9.4 and one 9.6 cgc slabs - for some reason that really p.o.'s me - not rational, I know. I guess I would be p.o.'ed if I bought those books, and paid the CGC slabbed prices knowing the flaws that the books had.

I think if Frankenstein just admitted to all of this it would have looked much better on his part. But the fact that he clearly lied is what i do not get.

Just fess up and take the beating like a man. We all made/make mistakes on this board, frankenstiens just happend to be a big one.

Just a $500 difference, that's all

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

Brian.....These are two different scans

That's the same book. Anyone with any attention to detail can see that. Maybe I couldn't give the book an accurate grade, but I can see the spine ticks are in the same exact place.

Although I have not been accused of any wrongdoing online that I had to defend myself against, I do understand how infuriating it would be to have my name dragged through the mud for something I didn't do. Because of that, I wouldn't be first to run your name through the mud or call you a thief. If you still have the pressed 8.5 you could clear this up right now by posting a photo of the slab and a sign indicating the date and time. (shrug)

I have to say though, your claim that these are different books (when they obviously are not) combined with the problems you have had in the past as well as your accusers being honest members of the boards has me siding with them on the issue.

Or take a picture of your self in front of today's newspaper holding both books.

That should be easy enough.