• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ongoing Dark Horse Presents Thread (Are you in the CLUB?).

146 posts in this topic

:applause:

Aliens Vol. 1 #2 seems to be a tough one of that little run to find anything above 9.4 or better. Loads of spine cover rubs leaving these large white streaks.

Predator Vol. 1 #1 is always a favorite!

(worship)

Already posted these somewhere else, but these are my recent additions to the club.

I just noticed that my Predator 1 does not have the notation of "First Appearance of Predator in Comics".

Predator1CGC98WF_zps1016ea33.jpg

DarkHorsePresents24CGC96WA_zpsb3f097a5.jpg

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor

I just noticed that my Predator 1 does not have the notation of "First Appearance of Predator in Comics".

Look at the date on the label. your copy says 06/09 while the original issue was produced in June 1989. Different artist and different story??

Did you win it on ebay about 3-4 weeks ago? I saw one on ebay and almost bid on it till I noticed the date. The overstreet guide shows the 06/09 issue worth only face value. :sorry:

If that is a 2nd printing, should CGC have listed it as such on the label other than the different date? They were always good about posting the printing on the label.

6xuirSLl.jpg

The three I submitted the previous year all say "6/89" and "1st appearance of Predator in comics."

If that is a 2nd printing, should CGC have listed it as such on the label other than the different date? They were always good about posting the printing on the label.

6xuirSLl.jpg

The three I submitted the previous year all say "6/89" and "1st appearance of Predator in comics."

I think its a different story. Names on the credits for artist and story are different. (shrug)

Look at the date on the label. your copy says 06/09 while the original issue was produced in June 1989. Different artist and different story??

Did you win it on ebay about 3-4 weeks ago? I saw one on ebay and almost bid on it till I noticed the date. The overstreet guide shows the 06/09 issue worth only face value. :sorry:

Oh #*#*&&@! I didn't notice that! It is a label misprint by CGC.

The 06/2009 Predator 1 looks like this:

968417.jpg

Now the question is, it is a first or second print? Is there a way to tell by the front and/or back covers alone?

I sent the seller a message and he assures me it is a first print.

I searched all over the internet and was unable to find any mention of how to tell a first print from a second print.

Will CGC correct this label for free?

Thanks.

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor

inside cover page.

Yes, that I know.

However, the book is slabbed (with an incorrect label), so I can't look at the inside cover page. I'm wondering if there is any difference on the front or back cover of the book to indicate if it is a first or second print, such as a different cover price or a different ad on the back cover, etc.

Thanks.

inside cover page.

Yes, that I know.

However, the book is slabbed (with an incorrect label), so I can't look at the inside cover page. I'm wondering if there is any difference on the front or back cover of the book to indicate if it is a first or second print, such as a different cover price or a different ad on the back cover, etc.

Thanks.

I don't think you can with Predator #1 (1989). Unlike something like Dark Horse Presents #1 where all you have to look for is if the cover price is on a different side (a 1st print is on the right side, and a 2nd print is on the left), I believe Predator #1 looks the same.

Inside Predator #1 (1989) a 1st print should state "June 1989" and a 2nd print will have "September 1989" and both have a $2.25 cover price.