• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, kimik said:

Here are some of the larger groups from a collection I snagged in late August. I am hoping to keep most of the early SA runs in my PC after paying back the funds as I promised my wife. It was a nice way to build an early SA Marvel collection again. 

IMG_1931.JPG

Avengers group.JPG

Daredevil group.JPG

Fantastic Four group.JPG

Incredible Hulk group.JPG

Tales of Suspense group.JPG

Tales to Astonish group.JPG

X-Men Part 1.JPG

What grade is the Avengers 9 in?

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

That is spectacular!

I almost passed out until I noticed that 9.4 FF1 was a GGR.

Thanks. I would have been happy with a 0.5 FF 1 in the collection instead of it. The owner said that FF was his least favorite Marvel title so he never chased a #1, or completed the early run with a #4 or #5. He had a limited budget and focused on his ASM run and then cheaper Marvel runs instead (e.g. ST, TOS, TTA). He did like his Hulk x-overs, though, so there were 6 copies of #12 and 4 copies of #112 in the collection (as well as multiples of ASM #14 and Subby #8). 

Edited by kimik

On 12/6/2018 at 2:57 PM, Drummy said:

Seeing all these group shots reminded me to put my SA key collection in one place and take a photo in chronological order (below).  Next goal:  A nice 5.0 (or so) Hulk #1 with white pages.

Thanks for looking,

Dan

ps the Strange Tales #103 at the bottom was a recent purchase...not really a key, but just an awesome Kirby SA cover that's hard to find in HG.

IMG_0359.jpg

The white page:luhv: collection of my dreams(worship)   Outstanding :applause:

23 hours ago, SECollector said:

OK, confession time. Sometimes when I am alone, I put all my 12¢ Spideys on the floor, try to form a perfect rectangle using them, take a photo and spend a couple of minutes staring at them. Then, I lie down in fetal position and cry thinking foremost about all these issues I still need. Moments later I pick myself up, make a cup of tea and browse listings on Heritage, while listening to cheesy music from the 80s. A couple of hours later I put my clothes back on and go and get my kids from school. Until next time...

Anyone else does that?

ASM-group.thumb.png.812c74b0533d30ad35c160c7a44f3f75.png

P.S. OK, parts of this are not true. I don't drink tea.

Great shot.  The Engineer can't resist saying that they are not in numerical order. It looks like you have the most expensive books taken care of, so that's good news!

PS: I love 80's music. I'm thinking Simple Minds would be a solid choice while "drinking your tea"?

Edited by piper

2 hours ago, piper said:

Great shot.  The Engineer can't resist saying that they are not in numerical order. It looks like you have the most expensive books taken care of, so that's good news!

PS: I love 80's music. I'm thinking Simple Minds would be a solid choice while "drinking your tea"?

#13 and #6 are mixed up. I noticed that the same second I put everything back in place and my whole existence has since then been feeling wrong. Thanks for your kind reminder.

lol

I still have among else 5, 15 and 20 from the bigger ones, but yes - at this point it is starting to feel do-able. Thanks a lot! 

On 12/6/2018 at 1:41 AM, Grant Turner said:

I posted this elsewhere because I didn’t see that this topic chain existed, but here is what I call the top 10 top 10. First ten appearances of the first ten marvel heroes/groups. All reader copies, but it is complete!

CBF47811-CE99-4843-B46A-95B69589ABD8.jpeg

Super drool-worthy array, but did you sort of consider breaking protocol and pulling TTA 43 in favor of 44, which is a far more significant book??   :foryou:

14 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Super drool-worthy array, but did you sort of consider breaking protocol and pulling TTA 43 in favor of 44, which is a far more significant book??   :foryou:

Also, the pedant in me can’t resist pointing out that in a couple instances, you don’t have the first 10 appearances.

For example, you’d need to add FF Annual 1 and Strange Tales annual 2 to have Spidey’s 1st 10 apps.

But I totally get what you were shooting for, and it is a staggering achievement!