• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Kiv said:

Some incredible group shots in this thread. So awesome to go through this whole thread.

My contribution:

pjimage.jpg

Wow!! Some tough books to find in high grade. 

Although that one on the bottom left isn't high grade. If your looking to toss it, PM me and I'll take it off your hands.... I'll even pay shipping. 

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Wow!! Some tough books to find in high grade. 

Although that one on the bottom left isn't high grade. If your looking to toss it, PM me and I'll take it off your hands.... I'll even pay shipping. 

Thanks buddy, I will keep that in mind lol.

23 hours ago, jason4 said:

Collection complete (to me). Brings me a lot of happiness and good memories especially when times are bad.

20200923_201257.jpg

Great collection. 

What is your favorite book of the lot? 

The high dollar books are always a big thrills, but there are other cheaper books that have more meaning to me. 

Edited by KCOComics

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Great collection. 

What is your favorite book of the lot? 

The high dollar books are always a big thrills, but there are other cheaper books that have more meaning to me. 

Af15 would be the obvious choice but I really have special place for ASM 14. I've upgraded it 3 times. I read it as a teenager about 20 years ago and just loved everything about the green goblin and the way the fight unfolds with hulk getting involved. To now have it in a really respectable 6.5 is just great. I think if I ever had to sell everything asm 14 and hulk 181 would be the last 2 to go. Xmen 1 with magneto in a 3.0 is also dope. Basically that bottom row lol.

From the cheaper books up top it would be asm 300. I was gifted it 28 years ago off the wall at the lcs in west islip long island and it was 50 dollars, which to 8 yrs old me was the most money ever. I took good care of it and read it about 50 times probably. As a kid in the nineties venom was basically everyone's favorite along with wolverine. 

Edited by jason4

3 hours ago, jason4 said:

Af15 would be the obvious choice but I really have special place for ASM 14. I've upgraded it 3 times. I read it as a teenager about 20 years ago and just loved everything about the green goblin and the way the fight unfolds with hulk getting involved. To now have it in a really respectable 6.5 is just great. I think if I ever had to sell everything asm 14 and hulk 181 would be the last 2 to go. Xmen 1 with magneto in a 3.0 is also dope. Basically that bottom row lol.

From the cheaper books up top it would be asm 300. I was gifted it 28 years ago off the wall at the lcs in west islip long island and it was 50 dollars, which to 8 yrs old me was the most money ever. I took good care of it and read it about 50 times probably. As a kid in the nineties venom was basically everyone's favorite along with wolverine. 

We are about the same age... which probably explains why I love your avatar. 

I agree, Venom was huge in 90s.  McFarlene was like a rockstar. Punisher, Wolverine and Xmen were the standouts for kids in the 90s in my opinion. Throw in batman maybe. So I can appreciate the IH181, ASM129 and X1. 

Great collection and congratulations! Getting an AF15 in any condition will be my 2021 / 2022 goal.... if I can actually stay patient enough to save. 

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

We are about the same age... which probably explains why I love your avatar. 

I agree, Venom was huge in 90s.  McFarlene was like a rockstar. Punisher, Wolverine and Xmen were the standouts for kids in the 90s in my opinion. Throw in batman maybe. So I can appreciate the IH181, ASM129 and X1. 

Great collection and congratulations! Getting an AF15 in any condition will be my 2021 / 2022 goal.... if I can actually stay patient enough to 

You can do it! Sell stuff in addition to saving. Now is the time to buy while its stagnant. Spiderman is the biggest marvel character ever, it wont be level like this for long, especially if/when the economy recovers. Theres another topic I posted in called something like "trouble saving for a grail"  read that, good luck. 

15 minutes ago, jason4 said:

You can do it! Sell stuff in addition to saving. Now is the time to buy while its stagnant. Spiderman is the biggest marvel character ever, it wont be level like this for long, especially if/when the economy recovers. Theres another topic I posted in called something like "trouble saving for a grail"  read that, good luck. 

I agree with everything you said. 

My issue is, I was saving for an AF15 and had a chance to buy an FF1 and TOS39 together at a great price. So I ended up selling allot of books to get quick cash before the opportunity went away. 

Any sales from here are gonna start to hurt lol.  Bigger keys I would rather not sell (but would be easier to replace at some point I suppose). 

The choices are never easy! 

8 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Although most of these books are just reader copies, I am still very excited to have this run in my collection.

May I present: The Brave and the Bold #1 - #24.

BatB1-24.thumb.jpg.44bb64c2da257796d51fd685f66171ab.jpg

I would apologize for my poor photography, but by now, my inability to take a good picture is well known. I would like to give a big shout-out to Dean from Krypton Comics in Omaha for selling me the last three books I needed.

Again, I know full well this is the greatest #1 - #24 run, but let's be honest. How many people can say that they have this run in their collection?

And the best part is that I was able to read all these issues, except for #1. I will be on the look-out for a low grade #1; even coverless would be OK. I just want to read the stories.

Awesome!! I love complete runs like these

Edited by KCOComics