• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Here is a picture of my Avengers #1 - #16 run, which I completed in late November. I know the picture could be improved, but I'm not a professional photographer, nor do I play one on TV. All issues are 6.0 or above, except for #1 and #4. Maybe someday I will upgrade those books, but certainly not anytime soon.

great run and photo(worship) no need to upgrade as your run is sweet as it is

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Sweet.  Being a math teacher myself, I also appreciate that it’s 4 by 4.  I’m not sure, but I think I might have financed some of those for you.  Do you sell CGC 9.8’s on eBay of Swamp Thing 1980’s and Alan Moore comics?  I’ve bought a bunch from someone who uses Math tests as packing.

No, that wasn't me. I have never owned any Swamp Thing comics. And I just use newspaper and packing peanuts for my shipments.

I appreciate your approval for my desire for order. I don't know how much time I have spent rearranging things because they haven't looked right to me.

Here is an original owner full run of Strange Tales I have that’s been kept together through a few sales. The original buyer kept track of his collection by putting tiny notations on the first page of each book. He apparently had thousands of comics, as these are numbered up to 1500 or so. Overall bright and beautiful gloss and PQ. Average grade is VF or so. 

FA538B5A-B5E3-4773-860D-DC7771A28878.jpeg

072271C0-B2B1-4828-B6CC-FE71724DE25D.jpeg

ok, I'm going to post a group shot as soon as I can find it...recently been drawn to silver age board more than...*gulp*...the golden age board (mostly cuz it takes forever for the gold section to load)

On 12/9/2020 at 11:35 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

AF #15 has always been out of reach for me.  I haven’t got the patience to save up that much money.

F68A12D1-60C1-471D-BC60-085B7E6B4776.jpeg

Since there seems to be room, I'd add one more row of 6. (Space in the pictures is the only obstacle, right?).

Daredevil 1, Fantastic Four 4, Tales To Astonish 35, Strange Tales 110, Sgt. Fury 1, and I suppose Amazing Fantasy 15 is worthy of inclusion.

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Since there seems to be room, I'd add one more row of 6. (Space in the pictures is the only obstacle, right?).

Daredevil 1, Fantastic Four 4, Tales To Astonish 35, Strange Tales 110, Sgt. Fury 1, and I suppose Amazing Fantasy 15 is worthy of inclusion.

I’ve fortunately got TTA #35 and Sgt. Fury #1, just not graded.  I’d say they’re 2.0 or maybe 2.5.  When I sent in my Strange Tales #110 to get graded, it came back with a purple label so I had to sell it.  I hate restored comics.  Ignorance is bliss sometimes.  I still need to replace it.  Luckily the sequel to the Dr Strange movie isn’t driving up the value and it can still be afforded by middle aged teachers.

4 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

Don't know why anyone would give you guff over it... that Millie Annual 1 is super cool and one of the very first Marvel annuals.

It wasn’t mean spirited. The Millie shouldn’t be there (I mixed it up with Strange Tales annual 1), and 104 should be included. Somebody wondered about 115, and I was defensive to begin with because I regret selling off my 97.

Fairly fun exchange, actually.